Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Tues,, 7/23/19....Bill went to his VA appt. and spilled hot coffee on his shirt....got a bad burn


A friend, Pat, at church gave us a book about Indantown to read.  Her husband had told us about it when we sat with them at Tina Seager's birthday party.  My BFF Vikki, is second from the left in the front row...her sister on the end of that row on the right, and her brother behind on the end on the right

Went to our Tuesday morning breakfast.  Lots of us there this morning.  Did some errands and then came home and packed some things to put in the camper.  Bill and Charlie went to pick it up.  
The camper was pretty muddy inside, because the place we bought it from doesn't have their parking lot paved so it's mud.  They tracked up good.  I vacuumed it good, but will have to scrub it tomorrow.  Bill got home and showed me a burn on his chest.  He drank a cup of coffee at the VA and it was very hot.  He spilled it on his shirt. They asked him if he was ok and he said yes.  When he got home, he had a big burn on his chest. Melissa told me to get Silvadine for him to put on it.  I went to Meijer's and they didn't have it.  I called Melissa and she told me not to get the Bacitine.  She said I need to get the Silvadine.   I went to Rite Aid and they didn't have it.  Finally went to Walgreens which is what Melissa mentioned in the first place.  They didn't have it either, so I asked.  They said you need a prescription for it.  They did give me something comparable.  I finally got home. Put some of the burn gel on cause and used some gentle remove, no stick to skin tape around him to hold it in place.  It sticks to itself to hold it together.  Praying for no infection.  I called Melissa and it had been so long ago that she didn't remember it being a prescription med.  Bruce didn't either.  At least I got my Camp Dri to spray on the Clam while I was out.  





No comments: