Friday, September 14, 2007

9/14/07

Got the house cleaned today and dad's birthday cake baked. Busy day tomorrow so had to try to get everything done today. Went to the funeral home for Rody's dad tonight. Everyone had such nice things to say about him. Bill got up and said some wonderful things about him too. He was such a wonderful person. We felt from the first time we met him that he had been our friend forever. He will be greatly missed. After that we came home to change so we could go to the Hot Air Balloon Show. I was changing in my bedroom when I heard the phone ring. I thought it was my cell phone so I hollered for Kimmy to check and see who called. She told me it was Linda. I figured I would look at my cellphone on the way to the show and get the number and call her back. Well I checked my missed calls and her name and number weren't listed. I thought that was strange. The show was cancelled so we went for ice cream with Kimmy, Jared and boys. That's when Kimmy told me Linda was on my home phone, no cell phone. Well, we left and there she was holding to talk to me as Kimmy had told her it would be just a minute. An hour and a half later we got home and hung up the phone. Kimmy and I split a banana split which was very yummy.
Jacob played and was such a good boy. He has been having a fever but was just as good as could be still. Adam sat in his seat and just kept smiling as usual. He has the biggest smile ever. We had a fun time. You can see Jacob making a train with the jelly packages in the picture.









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though we didn't get to see the balloon's I still had a great time - thanks for going with us. You forgot to mention that I told you the phone was for you and you just didn't hear me. Your home phone doesn't sound anything like your cell phone - I think you need to have your hearing checked. Love you! Kimmy

Anonymous said...

Love the haircut dad, Rody says you look so much younger! Love the pic of Adam and Jared too-Jared-did anyone ever tell you that you have beautiful teeth...you could be on a toothpaste commercial. Keep up the good brushing! LOL
Love you mom and thanks for comming to the funeral and thankyou dad for saying such sweet things about Rodys dad, he always had good things to say about you guys too. I love you both.
Vikki

Anonymous said...

Good grief. I think you need to have your hearing checked is the statement I gotten from JB on more than one occasion. I call my problem selective hearing. Don't need a hearing aid. Selective hearing results from having kids. They will have it at some point. Get ready the apples with an s, don't fall far from the tree. There may be some truth there but I'm laughing as I'm writing this.

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures, especially the ones of Hailey with the baby and the blanket on her head. Good idea to take a picture of her like that cause she does that all the time pretending she's Mary. Love, Melissa