Tuesday, September 18, 2007

9/18/07

Took Kenzie to school and then stopped in to see dad. Had a glass of orange juice with him and some of his egg beaters. Came home and Bill and I changed the furniture in the living room around so we would have more room for chairs for our Bible Study. Bill wanted to try a new way and it looks really good. Bill left to go to dad's and mow his grass. I got the house ready and made a blueberry desert and also brownies to have for our treat tonight. I surprised Bill and mowed most of our grass. Didn't quite get finisihed as I had to go pick up Kenzie from school. Rachel came and saw me and petted Mocha. Kenzie and Rachael want to spend time together, so I went and talked to Rachael's mom to see when would be good for her. We set it up for Rachael to come to my house on Monday. It took forever for Kenzie to get out. Then I waited longer as she wanted to go in and show her dog, Mocha, off to everyone. Stopped back at dad's on our way home. He had his target set up and was trying out the gun scope he had repaired. He was shooting out of his opened porch window. He hit the target right on the ring that makes up the bull's eye. Pretty good shot. He is so cute. When I see how he's doing after all he's been through the past year, I know he's a miracle of God. I am so thankful. Kenzie and Bill played horseshoes while I made dinner. Kenzie got 11 points. Bible study was great. Quite a few missing as their was a Rescue Mission dinner and many attended that tonight and said they will be here next week. It was so nice not having to rush afterwards getting Bill off to work, or packing his lunch. I love retirement.....The pictures are of my little tree out front. My carpet rose climbed up to the very top of it. There are pictures of Kenzie climbing the wood pile with her rope.











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your enjoying retirement. Grandpa is so cute - I love your stories about him. Love ya Kimmy

Anonymous said...

Well, Ms Nana! I saw your comment about the support us elder persons give each other with this selective hearing thing. Those young whippersnappers must remember that time is passing and selective hearing goes on and on! We are not elderly just elder the definition is that we are at least 20 years older than that younger generation. So...younger persons...be ware...The clock is ticking.