Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Dad's 91st Birthday

Today was dad's 91st birthday. How blessed we are to have him get around like he does and have such a good clear mind. We are so thankful to God.
He got dizzy while outside last night walking the dog and he fell on the cement. He knocked over the globe and it broke in lots of pieces, but dad was unhurt. Angels had to have caught him as he doesn't even have a bruise. The only marks he had were from the rose bush. Ouch...two places in his hand had thorns. Well anyhow, today on his birthday, he ended up having to go to the doctor. They did an EKG and then sent us off so he could get a blood test. That's not the way I recommend spending a birthday. He also has to wear a heart monitor until tomorrow. Dr. thinks maybe it's the heart medication as his heart was going slow and that sometimes happens with that med. He cut out the medicine for a while to see what happens.
He told me he loved the blueberry pie I made him for his birthday. We are celebrating on Sunday. Hailey and Max came for a little visit while Melissa and Bruce went to her dr. appt. I had some worship music going in the living room and they were both at the gate in the kitchen asking if they could go in and dance to the music. I put it on in the family room and they were so adorable the way they danced and clapped their hands, singing to the Lord. It really touched my heart.
Of course, I joined right in with them. Papa came home from praying for some people
at the hospital and he watched Hailey and Max while I took Taylor to the vet for dad.
He remembered I had prayed for Taylor in his office and told me our prayers were working. Taylor's eye was doing much better and he should be able to wait longer (10 days) til his next appt. They all asked how you were, Kimmy, and said to tell you hi. After we ate, I met Vikki, Rody, and Mykenzie at the school and she got her violin to start her lessons. She is very excited and so am I.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a way for Grandpa to spend his 91st b-day getting poked and prodded. I'm glad to hear that Taylor's eye is doing better. See ya on Sunday. Love Kimmy

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for watching the kids for us. Tell dad I said thanks too. I love you both. Love, Melissa