Saturday, September 29, 2007

9/29/07


Bill and I went to Kimmy's yesterday and we took lots of pictures while we were there. We got some very cute ones of the boys, even though Jacob likes to run away when he sees a camera now. In one both Adam and Papa are biting their lips. Then there are a few of Sammy. We took him some apples. Jacob carried three for him and the picture turned out so nice. Sammy was his loving, happy self now that the vet took care of him. He sends a big smile to all of you. (See picture) He's my favorite horse in the world and it's so good to see him so happy again. Nutmeg liked her apples too, but she is very lonely now that Celeste isn't there with her.
I especially like the picture of Bruce's laundry on the line. I think he took lessons from Bill as they both hang clothes out the very same way. They need to take lessons from my dad, 91 yrs. of age, who hangs laundry out perfectly. Mom trained him well! I had a good laugh when I saw Bruce's hanging job. He is doing a terrific job taking care of Melissa, Hailey, Max and Champ. I took Hailey to her dance class. I set the video camera up in the corner and taped the teacher so she could practice during the week. I also got Hailey on camera. At first she didn't participate, but when she turned to look at me (I was kneeling behind her) I whispered to her that if she did what the teacher said, I would take her for a surprise when she was done. She stuck her little foot out there and tapped, tapped, tapped. By the end of class she was doing everything and the teacher high-fived her. All the teachers said how great she did this week and asked her if she wanted to lead the train. The kids form a train and march out the door. She said yes and walked right over to get in front of the line. She was so cute. I had to smile. When we got out to the car, she told me she wanted to go to Tim Hortons. Off we went and got donuts for Hailey and the rest of us. I told her I will take her bowling when she goes into her dance class by herself. Now she is talking about doing that so we are excited. When we got to her house and watched the video, she did every single move. Max did all the moves too and was adorable to watch.
Today, Bill did a wedding. It was beautiful and a gorgeous day for it. We went to the reception and God opened the door again to share the miracle He did for Melissa with the couple we were sitting with. I love tellling "what good things the Lord hath done". God is great! On the way home from the wedding, we stopped at a moving sale and hit the jackpot so to speak. Bought a beautiful couch and I don't know what you call the other chair thing. Also got a beautiful patio set with two glider chairs and 4 regular chairs, thick cushions, big table with umbrella and small round table. Also got some nice other things, including a basketball hoop for the grandchildren. Maybe the big children in the family too.

























8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im really sad that you didnt put pics of the things you got at the moving sale on here. I wanted to show Rody them. Maby can you do it tomarrow? Thanks, Vikki
Love ya

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures Mom. Love ya Kimmy

Anonymous said...

So what's wrong with the clothes hanging?... seem pretty good to me.

Jared

The Daddy said...

yeah I dont see anything wrong with how the clothes are hung either...looks pretty good to me too..good job bruce

Anonymous said...

The two Russell boys should talk. They don't even have a clothes line. Well, I don't either come to think of it. There is nothing like the smell that comes with clean air and clean sheets. So good to see Sammy.

The Daddy said...

You do know now that you've mentioned it on the RockinRranch blog that jared has stopped moving your stuff around that...its going to be all moved around now!! Trust me on this Jared will move everything around in the kitchen and house!! The tree will definatly be moved too!

The Mommy said...

Actually, the oldest Russell boy does have a clothesline. A small, make-shift one, anyways. We use it to sun Andrew's diapers.

Anonymous said...

Clothes Line...
I should have confined my clothes line to the time those two whippersnappers spent in their maternal home. We had a line on Valley drive but JB was two and Eric was 5 when we moved...Way to short to reach the line. On Hillsdale, no line ever appeared. Now I learned my clothes line technique from my mother and their poor mother never got to teach them the oldfashioned way of hanging things. So...if they have touched a clothes pin it's happened since they are married. Not before.