Sunday, April 3, 2016

4/2/16 Went to the National Cemetery in Holly where they honored Vietnam veterans

Driving into the National Cemetery in Holly

They moved it inside because it was cold and snowy outside.  

Bill looking a the only Coast Guard Veteran there..(in the leather coat)

Bill with the flags and many gravesite in the background.  There is a lake in front of him.  It is absolutely beautiful there.  We will be buried her when our time comes unless the rapture happens!

On our ride home

Cute egg basked we found for Kimmy.  It was almost time for them to pack up so they took about any price offered.  Got this for a couple dollars and got the shoes below for a couple of dollars too.  They are new and were priced at $20....$2 sure is a better deal.  Really soft leather too.


We stopped at Tony's on Center for a Hamburg and we split some fries.  Bill wanted a shake, but the machine was broken.  We both just got waters then.  I told him to smile for the pic and this is what I got.  Must have been too disappointed about the shake machine!

The snow on the pine trees in the background is beautiful!

We got ready and left for Holly to go to the National Cemetery.  It was a very moving service with many speakers.  I sat next to a 90 year old lady who was as sweet as could be.  Her great niece was standing behind her and had brought her.  The lady's husband had passed away.  He was a marine and so were his 3 brothers.  Her son was also a marine, but was a policeman now and had to be somewhere else.  I told her niece that we belonged to CMA and she wanted to know if there was a chapter in Flint.  I had Bill write the info down for her and she was very happy.  After the service was over a man played Amazing Grace on the bagpipes.  It was beautiful.  I asked this nice lady if she knew Jesus as her Lord and Savior and she took my hand and said yes.  We said we would see each other in heaven some day then.  Made my day!  We left and Bill asked if I wanted to go to the Garage Sales at the Expo in Birch Run.  Of course I said yes.  We had fun walking through and looking at all the stuff and getting a few deals.  I got the stuff in the pics and also some cheap cars for my surprise bag at church.  We left there and when we got back, we decided to go get a burger at Tony's and then get gift card and go to Best Buy and get an Amazon firestick.  They were out so we had them order one.  Sure am looking forward to getting it.   We came home and watched a really good movie on Netflix called Jump In.  I did some walking as I needed to get my 10,000 steps in for the day.  Glad to go to bed after that.

3 comments:

Vikkis Blog said...

I didn't know you went to the cemetery this week, I thought you meant a few weeks ago! Wow! Looks nice!

Vikkis Blog said...

Dads burger sure looks yummy!

Vikkis Blog said...

O and great deals! The shoes are super cute and so is the egg basket!