Saturday, October 1, 2016

10/1/16...Went to Adam's soccer game. Loved seeing Adam play! Picked up Evan after I got home.



Adam playing with his soccer team
He's going after the ball at top speed!

Nana and Adam after the game!  

Evan 

After all Evan's hard work, we went to McDonald's so he could play and have fun!

This picture of Evan is blurry, but it was so cute of him I decided to post it anyway

Hailey texted me and sent me these pictures of Max and the fort they made with the flexible fort makers.



Took this picture of Max when I dropped Evan off


Got ready in the morning and gathered my lawn chair, blanket, umbrella and headed for Adam's soccer game.  Our motorcycle ride to St. John's was cancelled because of rain so I was excited to get to go to see Adam play.  Eli and Jacob were excited to see me when I got there.  I got some really big hugs.  The soccer game had just started when I got there.  Adam's  coach had lots of nice compliments for Adam.  He said it was the most aggressive he has seen him play.  He played a very good game!  Loved seeing him and cheering him on.  After saying our goodbyes, I went to Home Depot.  Got a beautiful bright red Knock Out Rose Bush.  Came home and Kenzie stopped over for a while.  She had a bowl of my homemade veggie soup. She asked to take a bowl home with her too.
We had a nice visit.  We were so happy because I made her an appointment over a month ago to see a dermatologist because she had two big planter's warts on her fingers and another one coming under her fingernail.  Couldn't get her in until Dec 15th.  Now we can cancel the appt. because you can't even tell she ever had them.  We sure were thanking God for that.  After she left, I went to pick up Evan.  I brought him to my house and we practiced numbers.  He is a super good reader, but is having some problems with numbers in the teens and also writing some of his numbers.  I thought I could make practicing with Nana fun for him.  He did really good and he sure liked the candy corn I gave him.  They sure have kindergarteners do a lot of work at the Christian School.  Would sure like it better if they didn't push kids so hard and let them get to love school that first important year.
We went outside so he could spend time jumping on the trampoline.  Came back in and worked some more with flash cards.  He never complained and sat there for the longest time.  I'm sure the candy corn helped!  We went to McDonald's on our way home so he could play.  He played for a little while, but there were some really wild big kids playing who were bouncing on the netting over the little trampoline and were crawling all over the outside of everything.  The mom was yelling from her booth really loud, but never really did anything.  I decided not to stay very long after that.

No comments: