Friday, October 21, 2016

10/20/16...Went to the dentist for a tooth extraction

Had an 11 a.m. dental appointment.  Got to the office and while waiting in the waiting room a lady sat right next to me.  She noticed a baby on my phone and asked if it was my grandchild.  I told her no and that someone had put that on and it was amazing.  I let her watch it.  It was a baby around a 11 mos. who didn't have arms so was feeding herself with a spoon using her feet.  She was amazing at it.  The lady said it was a miracle.  Then I told her about he miracle God had done for Melissa.  She was amazed and so touched.  I thanked the Lord for that opportunity.  The lady was a Christian and was so encouraged.  She was a retired principal and she still mentors 2 inner city principals to help them.  She said the kids need someone to hug them and listen to them and it's amazing what that does.  They called us both back at the same time.  My dentist is wonderful.  I didn't feel the shots or anything after that.  He took the bridge off and extracted the tooth.  My insurance only covers simple extractions.  I went to pay and he had written a simple extraction.  He sure did make it easy.  He's great.  His whole office staff is amazing.  So glad when I prayed about who to pick on the list, God had me pick him.  I put ice on it when I got home, but never had any pain or problems.  We went to Pastor Ken's and Joan's for dinner with Tina and Chris.  Joan made yummy chicken and dumplings and I brought brownies and a cake Rich Neuwirth gave me the recipe for.  Everyone loved it.  We listened to the Elder training tapes and discussed them.  Chris is becoming an elder.  Love our Pastor and Joan.  They are so kind and caring.

No comments: