Thursday, November 10, 2016

11/10/16...Bill was working on the lean too on his shed and fell off the ladder. His foot hit a board and he broke the arch of his foot.



Peyton



Isaac



Filled some cracks in the ceiling and touched them up with paint.  Got a phone call and it was Bill.  He asked if I could come to the back yard and help him because he fell.  He sounded terrible so I about flew making sure I took my phone just in case I had to call 911.  He was out working on the lean to of his little shed and fell off the ladder.  All the pieces of wood he had propped up fell and he fell off the ladder.  His foot hit one of the boards that had fallen.  Prayed over him right away and then went to the shed as fast as I could and got him a chair so he could get up.  He sat for a while.  I took his sock off and didn't really see anything but a little bump.  He said he could tell it wasn't broken because there was no bone sticking out. Ha Ha.   So much for that diagnosis.  He rested and then was determined to finish securing the lean to boards, even getting back up on the ladder, against my advice of course.  I wanted him to come right in and ice it.  Well it wasn't long and he was heading in.  He got ready and said he was going to the VA for the Marine Corp League party.  I told him not to drive that I would take him.  Stubborn Marine....He said he was driving himself.  By the way, it was his right foot that he hurt.  He would let me drive him so headed there.  After going and having a piece of cake, he ended up in urgent care at the VA hospital.  He called me while I was shopping at Kroger.  They took an x-ray and he was waiting for results.  It ended up that he broke his arch.  It was a clean break praise the Lord.  Could have been so much worse.  Vikki and I went there to get him.  He was in a wheelchair, but they did give him any crutches to use even though they told him to stay off from it.   Vikki drove him home in my car and I drove his truck home.  Vikki was an amazing help, getting all the groceries I had in my car hauled in, letting the dog out and helping with her dad.  I got ready for our CMA meeting and so did Bill.  We all headed to Melissa's as she had a pair of crutches that were Vikki and Rody's.  Dropped Vikki off where Rody's car was.  We went to Pizza hut and as Bill got out of the car, I gave him the crutches.  He fell backward but the car door caught him.  Decided the walker was better for him so he took that in.  He was moving like a turtle.
We had a great meeting and elected new officers.  Bill is president, Bill Smith-Vice President, Gayla-Treasurer, Cheryl-Secretary, Luis-chaplain, and Matt is road captain.  I am still the Newsletter Editor, but that isn't an elected position.  I volunteered and they still want me to do it.  We came home and watched the news.
When Bill decided to go to bed, he got the walker, but yelled to me that he couldn't make it and to get him a chair.  I moved fast.  He was dizzy and nauseated.  He had taken his sleeping pills and could hardly move.  I then ran and got the computer chair and took it in there and it took much effort, but we got him slid over to it and then I held on to him and rolled him to the couch.
Sat there a minute and then he was able to slide onto the couch.  I brought him his pillow and covered him up.  I am on call if he needs anything during the night.  Sure did pray for him.  It was pretty scary!

No comments: