Tuesday, November 8, 2016

11/8/16...Worked the polls with Vikki from 6 am until 8:30 pm. It was so much fun!



This is Vikki's yummy salad.  One of the ladies brought all this amazing stuff in for us to make delicious salads.  She had so many different things to put on it.  It was delicious.

I got up at 3:38 and got ready to go to the polls.  Started the day on my knees in prayer for our nation.  Met Vikki at Melissa's at 5:40 so she could leave her car there and ride with me.  We got there and met everyone and helped get the room ready.  We started promptly at 8.  I had people fill out the voting application and checked driver's licenses and Vikki checked things at the end and ripped the tops off ballots.  She gave out stickers too.  I enjoyed watching her as she was so friendly to everyone and had that beautiful smile.  I was very proud of her.  Vikki and I were able to take our lunch and dinner breaks together which was very nice.  We had turkey market sandwiches from Arby's that I picked up ahead of time for lunch and had yummy salad for dinner.  We also had fruit that one of the girls brought.  It was delicious too.  The chair person brought his own computer chair that was comfy.  We had hard chairs we sat on all day.  Didn't know we could bring our own chairs or I would have brought my lazy boy ha ha.  It was a fun day and it went by fast.  So happy Vikki was there with me and that all the workers were so nice.  The people voting were all very nice too.  Came home and watched Election Results with Bill.


No comments: