Monday, December 18, 2017

12/18/17...Wrapped gifts, Charlie brought us a huge jar of mixed nuts and a smart card for Christmas today, Picked up Hailey and went to dinner and took pop cans in

Jack and Max greeted me when I got there to pick up Hailey.  It was 39 degrees out and they were making a fort

Hailey holding the drain traps so Papa could decide what one he needed

Hailey at her house

Bill went to the SportsZone.  He can't walk right now until he has his knee replaced again, but went to play Euchre.  I didn't go today as I am still resting my knee.  It is getting much better now.  Charlie came over and dropped a huge jar of nuts off for us and a Smart Card.  I made him a coffee and he had some Christmas cookies with us.  We had a nice visit.  I wrapped gifts and Bill worked on the dishwasher.  He needed my help looking to see why it wouldn't come out.  We found out there was a wire through the floor into the basement we had to go down and pull so it was looser and allowed the dishwasher to be pulled out.  I looked under the sink and saw a leak in the trap pipe.  There was a huge rusted hole in it, so that's where the actual leak was coming from.  He took it apart.  I was supposed to go pick up Hailey, but I called to say I would be a little late.  I helped him and then left to get her.  We went to Menard's and got the part Bill needed for the drain and took it to him.  Then we went to Coco Loco's for dinner and had a really nice time and a good talk.
We went to Charlie's Philly's after that to pick up a steak sandwich for Bill.  The girl asked me if I wanted it in a bag and I told her yes.  Then I asked her if it for sure didn't have cheese on it.  She checked and sure enough it had cheese on it.  She had the girl make another one.  We went to Kroger after that, and Hailey helped me return pop cans.  It is a new bottle return room that they just added with new machines.  Hailey was really putting in cans fast and I was trying to catch up to her.  My machine kept telling me my hand was in too far, or I was throwing the can.  Sometimes the can would roll off the conveyor.  Sometimes my machine wouldn't let me do anything.  I probably had $3 worth of cans I put in and Hailey had $14.  Guess that's why I take her and it's so much fun. 
She's a great help.  Kenzie called while we were at Coco Loco's.  She painted a beautiful painting.
I took Hailey home and was going to look at Bruce and Melissa's new Honda they got.  They were gone though so I will have to wait to see it. 

No comments: