Saturday, December 30, 2017

12/30/17...Bill did the memorial service for Tim Krause's mom

Bill, Mocha and I relaxed by the Christmas tree.  Mocha and I fell asleep.  Bill said he didn't sleep, but he sure looked very relaxed to me.

I got up and made meatballs for the memorial service dinner.  At 10, we went to Sacred Heart Cemetery in Merrill and Bill did the committal service for Tim's mom.  It was just us and the family.  It sure was cold in the chapel....no heat on.  
I wasn't going to sit, because I knew the chairs would be really cold.  Cathy told me to sit by her so I did.  When Tim came, I told him to sit by Cathy and I moved, but Cathy moved down one and had me sit by her in the front row.  Bill did a nice job.  We walked out and watched as the daughters and son, threw a handful of dirt on the grave.  We left for home and were going to get a car wash, but there was an accident on State St. and it knocked a pole down so there was no electricity at the car wash.  We came home and I went out to feed the birds.  I am sure glad I have those warm mittens and hat Kimmy made me.  They kept me nice and warm and it was windy and freezing cold outside. Read a little on my book and then we left for the Hall.  Bill prayed for the food and everyone ate.  We sat with Kyle and Ellen and some cousins of Barb who were very nice.  Bill was happy to have Brittany explain his bone density report to him.  He felt better after talking to her about his leg situation.  It was nice seeing the slide show and hearing all the shared memories about Barb.  We went to the car wash on the way home.  Nice to get the salt off of the car.  When we got home we sat on the couch together and reclined.  I was really tired because I got up early to make the meatballs, so it felt good to take a little nap.  When I woke up, we played 3-13.  I won and Bill tore up the score right away before I could remember it and call Jacob to let him know what it was.  
I love it when Jacob wins at his house and gets on the phone to tell me the score.  He is so cute!

No comments: