Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Went to breakfast, went to Melissa's, went shopping, had small group

Love our outdoor nativityVikki started for us when Kenzie was little.  She just found the three kings and the shepherd and two sheep at Bethesda and let me know so I could get it.  So happy.  Bill made the stable and did such a great job.  

Kenzie and I at breakfast the other morning.  She was so much fun.

Love sitting and looking at the Christmas tree at night

It was very windy so I went and organized the recycling so the papers were on the bottom and bottles and cans on top to keep everything from blowing all over.  On the way to breakfast we had to dodge garbage cans, lids and trash that was blowing into the road.  We had 15 of us at breakfast this morning.  After breakfast, I went to Melissa's and took an envelope Sue sent to them there and took her a few cookies to eat.  I went and got gift cards for Christmas at Kroger's after that.  Went to Jacks and got meat and an Amish Ham for the Schaard Christmas party.  Dropped off more toys for Youth Haven kids at A&M Christian Store, and then went to Staples to get Flair Pens for class we are collecting things for for Christmas.  Went to Aldi's and returned a silicone rolling pin and got more ingredients for cookies.  Came home and made a turkey sandwich and watched the news.  
Mark Eisenlord stopped in to bring something to Bill and visited for a while while he ate cookies and drank coffee.  He sure liked Grandma Daisy's cookies.  I got some things done to get ready for small group and then went over the lesson again.  Made sirloin steak and baked potatoes for dinner.
We had a great small group with good discussion.  The winds were terrible, our outdoor nativity didn't blow away. I came home yesterday and Bill had the poles behind them and thick silver wire around their necks to hold them in place.  Vikki and I had both thought we could just put the figures over the poles.  I asked him if I could change it, because I didn't want the paint coming off of them and he said to go ahead.  With them over the poles, they stay right in place.  Wish I would have known this years ago.  If they can stay put in this wind, they shouldn't ever blow away.


No comments: