Monday, December 25, 2017

12/24/17....The girls and their families came at 9 a.m. We had a very blessed time celebrating the birth of Jesus!






Papa reading the Christmas Story out of his Bible.  Jacob, Evan, Max an Evan in the picture



Evan, Jack, Rody and Isaac



Isaac and Evan


Max, Evan, Jacob, Eli and Peyton


Peyton, Hailey, Jacob, Isaac, Evan and Eli


Hailey and Isaac.  Isaac got Hailey a notebook for Christmas and Vikki and he had taped an I tunes card in the middle of it.  She loved that!

Eli and Peyton

Adam

Evan, Eli, Jack and Max watching Jacob open



Eli


Isaac and Jack.  Rody, Bruce and Kenzie in the background

Max, Evan loving his gift and Jacob

Max and Jacob

Kenzie and Jacob


Eli and Peyton

Adam and Kenzie

Max, Evan, Jacob , Eli, Peyton and Isaac

Peyton opening her gift with everyone watching

Max, Evan and Jack opening their lego motors

Peyton
Evan was so excited when he opened this baseplate for legos.  So wonderful that something so little could make him so happy.  All of our grandkids are so thankful and happy for whatever they get.

Jacob, Eli and Adam opening their nerf flashlights



Eli, Jacob, Adam, Evan



Isaac and Peyton

Peyton



Max

Hailey

Rody took this picture!  Love it!


Bill got me some boots!  Well they looked super big....it ended up that he told me they were his.  He did have a fit bit watch in the box for me though.  We got a good laugh!

Beautiful hat and mittens that Kimmy knitted for me out of Blanch's wool

Opening Isaac and Peyton's gift they got me

Melissa and I opened our gift that Hailey made for us at
We loved them!  She did a great job making them.  Treasures!

Isaac watching me open his gift

Me opening my beautiful mug Kimmy made for me.  I love it and I needed a big mug for my Ninja Coffee Bar


Me with my Angel from Bruce and Melissa.  I was so surprised! They looked all over and then went to Bronner's and found it.  They company isn't going to make them anymore.  I love my Nativity! 



Kenzie and Me

Jared and Kimmy

Bill sitting in his canvas camping chair Vikki and Rody got him

Peyton, Eli and Adam



Eli, Adam, Peyton and Jacob


Kenzie opening her beautiful mug from Kimmy and  Jared
Letter from Vikki explaining the picture below that she made for her dad.  It was so touching when she gave it to him.  

Bill wit h the beautiful painting she made for Bill.



Bill opening a huge gift from Kimmy, Jared and boys!   I wonder what it could be????

We sure got a good laugh.  It was the lamps no one wanted and Bill put them in Jared's van without him knowing.  Bill got them back for Christmas.  Such a good one on Bill!

Me opening my beautiful picture calendar that Vikki always makes for me.  I love my calendars...she has been doing this for me since 2010.

Mocha decided she needed on my lap.  Peyton is watching papa open his gift

I stuck a picture plaque of Bill and I that was taken the day we were engaged.  I put it in the box so  it would throw him off and he wouldn't guess that it was only gift cards in the box.  He was so funny because he said he never saw it before.  It had been on my dresser for many years and I had moved it a couple of years ago upstairs on that dresser.

Kenzie opening her journal, pens and tea lights from us
Add caption
Hailey and some friends at school did worship specials for the family service at church.  Hailey sang with the girls in red


Kenzie so cute with all of her stuff from Aunt Kimmy, Uncle Jared and the boys




What a wonderful day celebrating the birth of Jesus with our wonderful family he has blessed us with.  Bummer that Kimmy, Jared, Adam and Eli had colds, but we still had a great day.  Wish they would have felt better though.  Everyone came at 9 a.m.  Kimmy brought pies, and Vikki had made the mashed potatoes and orange jello salad.  I put the potatoes in the roaster oven with the cheesy potatoes I made to keep warm.  After that, w listened as Bill read the Christmas Story.  That's one of our favorite Christmas Traditions!  The kids always listen so good and are happy to hear it.  Then we prayed and the guys all passed out the gifts.  The kids all did their exchange first and it was cute to see what they picked out for each other and how excited they were to get each other's gifts. They always draw names. After that we started with the youngest and worked up to the oldest with one person opening at a time (unless the kids were getting the same thing, then they opened those together)  We all loved what we got and we had some great laughs too!.  The biggest laugh was when Bill opened the lamps from Kimmy, Jared and the boys.  One was cracked and no one wanted them when Bill took them from our friend Christine.  Bill sneakily put them in Jared's van and Jared discovered them when he got home.  Well they wrapped them and Bill was excitedly opening the big gift, when he realized it was the infamous lamps.  Bill tried to put them back in Jared's van at night, but Jared found them and he put them in front of our outside nativity.  Bill and I both got a good laugh when he found them.  Should have taken a picture.  Chuck, Sue, Roy and Marie came  to eat dinner with us.  They don't have children so we wanted to include them because they are like our family.  We ate a yummy meal, and then rested for a while and had our dessert.  We practiced with our google thing Vikki, Rody and the kids got us.  You ask it questions, and it answers or tell it to sing happy Birthday and it does.  I can play my worship songs through it too.  It can be set up to tell it to turn your tv on or lights on etc.  You can even get a thermostat that is compatible so you can turn your heat up or down from your phone wherever you are.  So neat!  We had a very relaxed enjoyable day.  THANK YOU JESUS FOR COMING TO EARTH TO SAVE US FROM OUR SINS AND GIVING US ETERNAL LIFE!!




No comments: