Monday, February 17, 2020

Gene came over and put electrical plug in, Took Vikki to ER

Our friend Gene came over and put this nice plug in for us.  It's on a new circuit which is great.

Peyton with her carnation from the dentist

Gene G. came over and put a new plug in for us in the kitchen so I have one on a separate circuit for our coffee pot.  So nice!  I went to the Dollar Store, Jack's and Aldi's.  Vikki called me and sounded really weird.  She was telling me weird stuff that was going on at work.  She couldn't see  the last number in $106 on the cash register and couldn't see her bosses one eye.  Her boss said she should go to Med Express and Vikki said no I need to go to an eye dr. When she was telling me she couldn't think of the word Cash Register and said what's wrong with me.  It told her sometimes everyone has trouble thinking of a word.  Then she messed up on lots of words and was slurring and laughing saying what's wrong with me.  I didn't think it was funny.  She took Peyton to the dentist and was there and couldn't fill out the form without help.  Vikki is very sharp and I knew something was wrong for sure then and went to get her.  I was taking her to the ER, but stopped to get her a burger because she hadn't eaten only a few cheerios all day.  We thought maybe it was her low blood sugar affecting her and that would help.  We got to the ER and they took her back right away.  They said they were going to check for a stroke or some kind of migraine.  They started and IV, did an EKG, blood work and a CAT Scan. I was going to pick up Peyton and take her to Jacob's concert with me.  Rody's mom said she would have Isaac at her house and Rody was going to go be with Vikki after I took him to get her car.  When I got there, Rody said Isaac's stomach was hurting him so bad, he didn't want to movie and didn't want to go out of the house.  I told Rody to stay with him and I would go back up with Vikki.  I called Kimmy to let her know and she was very concerned for Vikki and understanding of course.  I got back to the room right after they got Vikki back in it. All the results came back good, so they said it was a migraine.  The resident came in after she was discharged and said he had looked at the urine specimen results and the labs and her blood sugar was super high.  He said that could have caused some of the things going on too.  He wants her to have a follow up appointment.  So scary, but I am glad no stroke.  She has to watch what she eats and drinks.....just like we all need to.  I sure love that girl of mine.  Melissa and Kimmy were praying and checking on her too.  Love those girls too! Very blessed to have a close family who love each other so much.  

2 comments:

Lela said...

Keep me posted. Low blood sugar will do all of that. I've experienced that and it's like living in slow motion. The brain is set on stall. But she had high blood sugar. Humm...so confusing. She did eat before going to ER...That would give her a spike. I hope she carries through on finding what was the cause.

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

She ate a burger on our way, because we thought her blood sugar was low and that's why she was acting that way. We were surprised when we found out it was high.