Friday, October 4, 2024

Friday 10/4/24, Left at 7:20 for Arkansas, napped on couch, had meatloaf sandwiches for lunch,pulling motorcycle behind motor home,

Bill doing a great job driving!!!


Saw these crushed cars on the car hauler and wondered what happened.  
Lots of damage


 
Saw what hit the  car hauler.  The front of the semi was destroyed, but we didn’t see any ambulances so hopefully no one was injured.  

Bill asked me last night right before we went to bed if I wanted to leave at 7 in the morning instead of 5.  Of course that got a big yes from me!  I got up at 5 this morning and he got up at six.  We packed and loaded the last minute stuff, I watered my plants, put a dish of cat food on the front porch and Kit Kat’s feeder dish filled up on the back deck, then dropped a two week food block into my fish pond.  
I turned the hot water heater down to the vacation setting and then told Kit Kat goodbye and we left.  I buckled up on the couch and took an hour nap.  That was comfy!  Then I got up and made meatloaf sandwiches while we were traveling.  The meatloaf that I made from the filling of the stuffed pepper's last night was delicious!  We also had chips and Oreos.  

We stopped after 3 hours of driving to get gas and go potty.  It was warming up so I changed into shorts.  

I read my Bible, then moved back up front with Bill.  It took about 30 minutes to set through the accident traffic jam.  We stopped for gas when we were almost out of Illinois. It sure is a long state!
Bill in the mirror washing the windows

We crossed the Mississippi River around 6:15 and got into Missouri on the other side of the bridge. We went a little ways and spent the night a Flying Jays.  It took 5 minutes to set up the camper and get the generator going.  It was 77 degrees here so we turned the air on.  I warmed up stuffed peppers and a baked potato that was huge so we split it.  I had cottage cheese but Bill passed on that.  Bill read his Bible while I played Solitaire.  Then we played 3-13.  I lost but not by too much!
Crossing the Mississippi River 


I
At Flying Jays


Our yummy dinner 




No comments: