Thursday, October 10, 2024

Thursday, 10/10/24, went to volunteer meeting, cleared out large area of property of lots of brush, trimmed limbs on trees to 8 ft, high, loaded brush and limbs, relaxed at camper, went on ride to Queen Wilhelmina Lodge and restaurant, stopped at Walmart, relaxed outside, National Evangelists came to visit us

Ride down to Mena from Iron Mountain where we’re staying
Our ride today was back to Queen Wilhelmina Lodge and Restaurant 
Bill turning his camera on his sunglasses on 
Bill sitting on the porch after we got there
Me sitting on the ither porch
My chicken Alfredo and in the background, Bill’s chicken strip meal.  Yum!
We had a great view from our table

Bill by the bike when we were ready to leave 

 We went to meet with the head of volunteers and those volunteering.  Today’s job was clearing some additional property CMA just purchased.  There were a couple of chain saws going trimming limbs so the trees would be cleared the first 8 feet up.  There was someone with loppers, then the rest of us hauled the brush and limbs and put them in the trailer.  I had sandals and capri jeans on because yesterday he said we would be cleaning inside.  A couple of maintenance guys told me I should go get jeans, socks and tennis shoes on so I don’t get chiggars.  I told Bill, who had shorts on too, but he said he wasn’t going to change.  I headed back to the work site and passed Bill on my way.  They warned him too.  The guy had a can of off and sprayed my jeans and feet.  I sure don’t want to get those things!  I worked for about an hour.  I was the only lady at first but then another guy’s wife came and helped,  Then she left.  One guy with the chain saw decided to cut a tall thin tree down because it was leaning.  They were having trouble getting it to fall.  I decided I would leave that to the guys and headed back to the camper.  I took my shoes and socks off outside and hung my sweatshirt on the clothes rack.  I relaxed for a while in the no gravity chair.  Bill called me after an hour and a half and wanted me to bring him a water. I got it and headed back there.  I gave it to him and then one of the workers said it was time to quit and go to lunch.  Today is our last work day.  Tomorrow we get to sleep in.  

I made lunch and then we sat outside, then came in and tried to nap for an hour, but couldn’t. Bill was able to sleep a little.  

In the late afternoon, we went for another ride to Queen Wilhelmina Lodge and Restaurant.  Bill asked me if I wanted to eat there. Of course yes was my answer. They have the best food and the best view.  It was a great ride again today.  We stopped at Walmart to get a few things we needed. 

Came back to the camper and sat outside.  Life and his dog came and visited. Then after he left, Jay and Jane came and visited. 

We went in and played 2 games of 3-13.  I won the first by lots of points and Bill won the second by a few points.  


No comments: