Friday, December 4, 2015

12/4/15 Our favorite family tradition...Went to the Living Nativity tonight. Year 13 for us.



Bruce and Evan looking at the camel as they walked through the town of Bethlehem

Shepherds along the way let us warm up by their fire

We had to take a paper to go on our journey and get stamped.  Hailey just got hers

At the the end, there was no room in the inn so they sent us to the stable and we saw this, Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus

Peyton and Isaac looking on!

Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus

Isaac and his daddy


Peyton looking so beautiful

Peyton and Vikki

Vikki and Isaac


Jared, Bruce and Rody at cookie time afterward

Max and Kimmy

Peyton, Rody, and Isaac

Isaac and Evan

Peyton and Kenzie

Jacob and Kenzie

Max and Kimmy....love Max's expression!

Peyton and all her goodies they gave her

Isaac and Kenzie

Bruce and Evan

Vikki and Kenzie

Isaac
Kenzie and Cole

After I got ready this morning, I packed stuff for Bill to take to the VA hospital.  I messaged Kenzie to see if she and Cole wanted to go to the Living Nativity an she answered right away that she did.  I gave her the time to meet me if they wanted to ride with me.  Got there around 9:30.  He just got finished with therapy and breakfast.  I took a coffee with me and I Biscotti that Kimmy and her family gave Bill from the monastery in GA.  It's delicious.  His chaplain came in and introduced himself and prayed for Bill.  We really liked him.  Then Crystal came in with two police officers who acted like they were going to arrest him as a joke.  Of course Bill just put his hands together and said take me.  They were funny and so nice.  We talked to the lady making up the extra bed too and she was an on fire Christian.  Such a blessing to have God surround us with believers.  I visited for a while and then Bill and I went for a walk in the hallways.  After that we went to the lunch room.  They had tole me I could eat for nothing too.  They do so many special things there.  Bill received a quilt, a hat, a cute cloth bag of goodies and they always bring kids ice cream if they are there.  We had  chicken and potatoes for lunch.  Pineapple upside down cake for dessert and Bill had Shebet.  The girls came and the kids had ice cream again.  We went back to Bill's room and visited and then we noticed Bill was getting tired.  I asked if he wanted to take a nap before therapy and he did.  We left and went to Vikki's and stayed there till Kimmy had to leave.  I went to the Family Christian Book store and exchanged a DVD I had gotten that was violent for a good movie. I left there and went to Meijer's to get the rest of the stuff I need for the Christmas Party Tomorrow Night.  Came home and let Mocha out and then ate a chicken sandwich and got ready to leave.  Kenzie didn't come so I figured she wasn't going.  I got to where the Mall is and got a phone call that they wanted to go and were at Ed's car dealership.  I turned around and went to pick them up.  Kenzie told me about Cole's grandma Diane who has a tumor the size of a football in her stomach and is going to have it out.  They asked me to pray.  We did and then Cole asked Kenzie if she took her medicine.  I asked what was wrong and she said her stomach was upset.  We prayed together for her too.  Then she wanted to know if I wanted to hear the good news or bad first.  I said good news.  She told me she had insurance on her car.  Then she told me she was getting her car fixed at her poppi's dealership.  Then the really bad news she said was she got a tattoo. Then she showed it to me and told me what it stood for.  God is greater than the ups and downs.  I was happy that's what she picked.   We were only a few minutes late getting to the Living Nativity.  Vikki, Rody and the twins weren't there yet.  Wes, Gayla and Joel were waiting for us when we got there.  We all sat in church together.  Took up 3 rows.  Wes, Gayla, Joel, Jacob, Kenzie, Cole and I were in one group and everyone else was in the next group.  Missed having Bill with us.  We had cookies and drinks afterward and then Kenzie, Cole and I left to go see Bill. Cole thanked me several times for taking them and said how much he loved it.   I started to go on the expressway like normal instead of staying on Michigan like I should buy no one was coming so I backed up and went the right way.  We got to the VA and Bill was waiting in the hallway by the door we came in.  We had a nice visit and ate more Biscotti.  They loved it too.  Came home and watched the movie I had gotten.  It was a really good one.


Pictures I took from Melissa's Facebook page of the Living Nativity








No comments: