Thursday, November 16, 2017

11/16/17...Picked up some groceries and then picked up two Arby's chicken sandwiches for Kimmy and I to have for lunch. Vikki and the kids came over later. Went to help residents at Community Village with Bingo, Wes and Gayla came over

Jack, Max, Hailey and Jack

Isaac and Peyton

Bill calling bingo numbers for residents at Community Village
Got lots of cards sent out (not Christmas cards though).  Went and got a few things at Kroger's that I forgot that I need for Thanksgiving dinner.  Went to Aldi's and a girl was looking at all the hams and trying to find a good one.  I was waiting patiently for my turn to look at the hams and she apologized for taking so long.  I told her it was ok and I wasn't in a hurry.  She took about ten minutes and told me she is so picky because she used to work at a meat market.  She said not to pick out a reddish ham but a light pink one.  Reddish hams were stressed when they were killed she said.  She ended up picking out two hams she liked and then decided on one.  I told her I would take the other one she picked and thanked her.  She told me to have a very Happy Thanksgiving.  She was really sweet.  I picked up two grand turkey sandwiches at Arby's. I got home and started knitting a dishcloth and Kimmy got here shortly after.  We ate our sandwiches and a salad for lunch and had a nice visit.  We both worked on our knitting.  Melissa had called and was having trouble with her van, so I left at 2:50 to go pick up the kids.  They were all excited to see me.  I took them home and went in for a minute to see Melissa.  Came home and Vikki, Peyton and Isaac had got here.  We visited and the kids helped me Christmas shop online.  After they left, I made hamburgers, potatoes and corn for dinner.  We went to Community Village after dinner to help the residents with bingo.  Bill called the numbers and was so cute again.  He sure gets them laughing.  I had a lady at my table that will be 99 on Christmas Eve.  She was so sweet and gave me really good advice.  Appreciate what you have and be thankful!  Wes and Gayla came over afterwards and played 3-13.  I was the winner.  Bill and I watched a really touching Hallmark movie afterwards.

No comments: