Sunday, November 19, 2017

11/19/17...We had our Thanksgiving Celebration today. I am so thankful for my family, friends and all of God's many blessings! Jared cleaned out our eave troughs which was a huge blessing to us. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

Jared and Adam

Jacob and Eli playing Tonk, my mom and dad's favorite game


Jacob and his Aunt Vikki

Kimmy and Vikki

Kimmy, Melissa and Vikki....my beautiful, sweet daughters who I love so very much!

Charlie and Vikki


Bill and Jacob playing 3-13...Hailey in the background

Bill with Eli and Jacob

Bruce, Charlie, Jared and Bill playing Euchre

Vikki, Jacob, me, Kimmy, Melissa and Jared playing 3-13

Sue and Charlie watching Melissa play 3-13...they are learning how to play


Adam and Max putting on a great trombone concert for us.  They did great!




Melissa and Evan playing war

Me and my Adam boy!

Jacob and Max

Max and Hailey

Max and Hailey

Bruce, Charlie, Bill and Sue playing Euchre

Papa, Eli (papa's punching bag) and Jacob

Hailey

Isaac eating his ice cream with sprinkles

Isaac and Evan playing war

Isaac and Evan

Isaac, Peyton and Evan playing war.  They were so cute to listen to



Eli and Jack playing cards

Eli and Jack posing for me

Jack

Eli

Mocha curled up by Kimmy...she loves her groomer and sissy

Bill woke me up at 5:30 and asked in a startled voice if I should be up.  I couldn't go back to sleep after that so I got up and started getting things ready.  I had my alarm set for 6 am.  I made the stuffing and got the turkey in the oven first.  Then I got the ham going in the crock pot.  Peeled potatoes and then took my shower.  Ate a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast.  Kimmy, Jared and the boys came first.  Sure was happy to see them and get those great hugs.  The boys sure are good helpers.  Jared asked me if our eave troughs were cleaned out.  I told him no and he got right up and went outside and started cleaning them.  Adam went out to help.  Bill was in the shower, but when he got out he headed outside.  He never likes to ask for help.  When he came in he asked if I asked Jared to do it.  Sure am glad I could say no.  What a wonderful son in law to just think of it and offer.  With his knee replacements, it's not to safe for Bill to be up on the roof doing that.  He thinks he fine up there though.  Melissa, Bruce and the kids got here.  Chuck and Sue came next and then Vikki, Rody, Peyton and Isaac came last.  Kimmy and Jared mashed the potatoes, Melissa warmed the rolls, Bill cut the turkey, I made the gravy and Vikki and all of us set stuff on the table.  What a great bunch of helpers who made it so easy and fun.  Everyone like the food and I was happy it turned out so well.  Vikki's Jello salad was delicious, Bruce's Green bean casserole was delicious and Adam and Eli's apple pies were delicious.  We had fun playing cards and visiting.  Loved it when Adam and Max put on a trombone concert for us.  They played so good together and kept time really well for never playing together before.  When Sue left she told Bill she and Kimmy had the same kind of shoes.  She put a pair on and left.  When Kimmy left a while later, she put her shoes on and said they were tight and she didn't think they were hers.  She wasn't sure though.  I called Sue and Kimmy left with the shoes.  What a fun day and can't thank the Lord enough for His goodness to us.

No comments: