Saturday, November 30, 2019

11/30/19...Bill was honored to do the memorial service of Sergeant Major Ken Rice today.

Beautiful big woodpecker on the feeder this morning




Bill getting ready to do the memorial service
Bill did an amazing job on the Memorial Message

Pat and Rich Dudek (He borrowed Bill's coat, that's why his name says Bill)  He was in the army, but is an honorary Marine Corp. League Member.  He just finished chemo and 28 radiation treatments and was able to be at the service and dinner afterward today.  He's a miracle for sure!
I cleaned out the kernel burner.  I read up on the ash vacuum, and found out it probably quit because the motor overheated.  I went out in the garage where Bill was going to work on it and just plugged it in and it worked great.  It worked great and I was able to get it vacuumed out good.  It took a few minutes for the fire to start up because the wind was blowing down the chimney, but it started up.  Talked to Vikki and she was taking Peyton to see the movie Frozen.  I would have went with them, but had to be at the memorial service.  Went to the funeral home, and the Patriot Guard was lined up by the door.  I saw Ralph Loux in the line.  He said hi to me as I passed by.  Pat and Rich told me they saved a seat by them for me.  Then Dorothy Franz came and told me she and Dutch saved a seat by them.  Luckily it was in the same row and their was only one extra seat.  
I talked with Ken's 93 yr. old wife and also their daughter before I sat down.  The service was very touching with all the military ceremonies and testimonies of Ken's life.  Bill did so good on giving the Memorial Message.  I was very proud of him.  He sure glorified the Lord, and asked people to repeat a salvation prayer after his message.  Most everyone did!  What a wonderful man of God he is.  Abby was happy to see me when I got home.  She was happy to see Bill too and followed him right in the bathroom when he went in there ha ha.  It was sprinkling when I came home, so I called texted Melissa to see if she wanted me to drop Abby off at their house so they didn't have to drive here to get her.  I dropped her off and left the light on so she could see.  She sure was a good dog, and I loved having her around.  I called Melissa after I dropped her off, to let her know the rain stopped here.  Bill and I watched a Hallmark Christmas Movie.



No comments: