Friday, November 8, 2019

Friday, 11/9/19...Vikki treated me to breakfast, Picked Hailey and the boys up, Went to Marine Corp Birthday Ball


Hailey, Evan, Jack and Max

Bill and I at the Marine Corp Ball
Bill and the commandant from Bay City by the cake..their swords to cut it are on the table

The empty table....for veterans missing in action

We had to sit at this table in front.


Picture of all the marines
Bill presenting George his pendant and certificate for Marine of the Year 2020
The couple dancing... were so cute and danced every dance.  They could move good and did fancy steps.  They were up there in age, but sure were amazing dancers.  Look at her heels she was wearing while dancing.  They were about 3 inch spike heels.All I can say is WOW!

Sargent Major Rice....98 year old Marine who has an amazing testimony of how his life was spared many times during his service to our country.  His wife who is 93 was also there, and their daughter Pam

Vikki called me and wanted me to meet her at Q'doba's for breakfast.  She treated me to their breakfast bowl. Yum it was delicious.  Thank you so much Vikki!  We went to Goodwill afterward and saw Stacie and Ansel there.  We talked to her for a while, then shopped.  We went to Salvation Army after that.  I mentioned to Vikki that I was looking for a Coffee Carafe.  I went and picked up some Operation Christmas Child Shoe boxes from Holly's.  Dropped them off at my house, and Melissa called to say Hailey's school was cancelled because of no power.  I went and picked her up right away and then we headed to get the boys from their school, because they only had a half day.  
I dropped them off and then went to a couple stores. Came home and got ready for the Marine Corp Ball.  They are celebrating the Marine Corp's 244th Birthday.  We had a good time, the food was great and we danced.  We stayed and helped clean up and pack all of the decorations up.  Bill and some other guys hauled them out to the shed and loaded some in vehicles.  We got home at 11:30.  

No comments: