Wednesday, January 18, 2017

1/18/17 Bill did a funeral for Richard Butts today and did an amazing job giving a comforting message along with a salvation message

This was my hyacinth plant 11 days ago

This is it today.  Sure is growing.  So much fun to watch.  My mom's favorite flower and now my favorite

Went to do my Bible Study journal this morning and I had a blank book.  After checking with Rebecca whose first night was last night, I called Kay.  They were the only two who got new books yesterday.  Kay had mine so she said she would drop it off.  She was here in about 15 minutes.  She visited for a few minutes and then left.  Bill and I were getting ready to go to the funeral home so Bill could do the funeral.  Charlie and Sue were there and sat by me.  Bill did an amazing service and I just loved his caring voice as he did it.  Afterward we went to Sullivan's for the funeral dinner.  Jackie (Craigie's mom) was there hostessing and came and gave me a big hug.  Also, our waitress was Jenny who we have every Tuesday morning for our breakfast.  The food was really delicious.  Came home and Bill took a long nap on the couch.  I videoed him for Sue as it was pretty funny because while we were eating today.....He said that he never could sleep on the couch.  I worked on my lesson and got copies ran off for my kiddos.  
Before going to class, I ate the rest of my chicken from the restaurant.  Peyton and Isaac said their scripture to Joan.  They have been memorizing it for a week.  I was very proud of them.  
They even knew where it was found in the Bible.  Love having kids hiding God's Word in their heart.  Came home and did my blog.  

2 comments:

Lela Russell said...

Yes...Penny... I should tie my shoes...I remembered but I just didn't do it. Well . Don't you think I would have known doing that job should have been a first priority. Guess not. Feeling better. I can attest that it takes about three days to get over doing this fall thing. I'm getting great practice. Now...been there done that. Love hearing from you.

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

Glad I am learning from your lesson! Love hearing from you too!