Thursday, January 19, 2017

1/19/17...The girls all came over. Lenny and Livia were here too!

Such a cute picture!  Kimmy made the hat she's wearing while she was here today.  She sure did a great job.  Love it!
This dress is one that Rody got for Kenzie when she was little.  I remember her being so happy.  Now it fits Peyton so I sent it home with Vikki.  Peyton looks beautiful in it.

Got lots of kisses from Lenny today.  Such a great dog!  Gotta love him.
He's like a big baby.  So cute!

Vikki got here first and surprised me by bringing me a French Vanilla Cap. from Tim Horton's.  I was so happy!  Thank you Vikki.  Kimmy came shortly after.  I had to go to the dentist.  When I got home, Melissa and Livia were there.  We visited while Kimmy knitted her hat.  I crocheted some on my towel holder.  Bill gave the girls the surprises he ordered for them.  Silicone covers for storing and microwaving.  4 of them in different sizes.  The girls were happy.  So happy they have a thoughtful dad who loves them so much.  Livia was really good and so cute.  After the girls left, We got ready to go to see a movie with Wes and Gayla.  It was called, Hidden Figures.  It was a true story about 3 black women who worked for NASA in the 60's.  They were very smart, but were so mistreated because of the color of their skin.  Very sad.  They all were kind back and overcame many obstacles to become very important in the space program.  Loved this movie except the Lord's name was misused one time.  I just thought of praising Him though when I heard it.  Right after that one of the people in the movie praised Jesus.  Sad that people had to go through all this discrimination!  So happy things have changed since then.  Wes and Gayla came for apple pie and ice cream afterwards.  Then we played cards.  I was the winner tonight.  Gayla came in second....so the girls won the boys!
Reading Jacob's Choice now.  Excited about reading this book.  Bill just finished it and thought it was great and it has special meaning since it is about Jared and his families's relatives.

No comments: