Wednesday, May 17, 2017

I had so much fun with Max today!

Excited to see lots of blossoms ready to open soon on my plant Bruce and Melissa got me on the first Mother's day we moved here.  

Cooked salmon on the grill tonight.  It was delicious

Lenny fetching in the water.  He loves the water and jumps right in.  Lots of stuff floating on the water because it was so windy today

Packed the camper this morning and then went to walk at the rail trail.  Nice morning with the temperature being 74 degrees.  Only a few walkers out this morning.  Went to Menards and looked for hoops and netting to put over my strawberries.  Didn't have anything there.  I did buy 2 rose bushes for 2/$7.  I planted them right away and watered them when I got home.   I worked rubbing dirt off of sod pieces from digging around the house after that.  Got partway done but have more to go.  It was very hot and my hair was dripping wet after working out there.  Came in and finished reading my book so I could take and give it to Melissa. Talked to Melissa to see how the kids did at Hartley.  She said Max was upset because Evan wrecked his Lego Creation he had asked her watch.  Also got teased by a couple of kids at Hartley so was sad about that.  I told her to tell him I would come take him out for a donut.  When I got there I asked him if he wanted ice cream or a donut.  He picked ice cream because it was a hot day.  We went to Mooney's and it was closed because of a family emergency.  We prayed for them and then went to an ice cream place in Hemlock Vikki told me about.  Max picked cookies and cream and I had armieto cherry and bear claw.  He had a bowl and I had a cone.  We sat and talked for a long time.  He shared about his trip and all the things he liked.  He also told me about Evan, but said he actually liked it that way and was going to leave it.  I talked to him about how there are always some mean kids out there who will tease and not be nice.  Told him we need to pray for them and when it happens talk to God and think on good things.  He said yes, because if you don't let them know it bothers you they will stop.  Pretty smart boy!
I told him I loved him and he said "I do too" and God loves you too!  That made my heart so happy.
At 3, the girl came over to me and told me she had to take a pizza out and since no one was there, she wanted to just give it to us.  We were pretty happy.  I ate one piece and took the rest to Melissa and family .  


No comments: