Sunday, January 27, 2019

1/27/19..Went to Church, Taught Sunday School, Went to Bob Evans with Rich and Pat,

Got to church and organized my classroom for Sunday School.  When I walked to the sanctuary, I went up to a person who was by a couple of kids in my class and was going to say hi and introduce myself.  I was amazed when I saw that it was Matt, a 30 year old guy that was at the Rescue Mission when we showed the Movie God's Not Dead 2 last Thursday night.  He had stayed after the movie and wanted prayer.  He had been to BayShore when he was a kid for a couple of sport camps, knew some of the same people Wes and Gayla and Luis and Eva knew.  Sure seemed to be lots of connections.  Since we prayed, God has put him on my heart a lot to keep praying for him.  It sure was a gift from God having him at our church.  We hadn't even mentioned our church.  His cousin, whose two kids are in my class, invited him and picked him up.  What a great blessing.  He stood up for prayer during church.  Bill was able to go pray with him.  Usually have 10 kids for Sunday School, but we had 13 today.  It was a great lesson and went well. Kelly was my helper and did great. Peter who is 10 and used to be in my class, came to my classroom to find me.  He talked to me a long time and told me he was sorry I had been sick and that he always prays for me.  He comes with his grandpa and grandma now because his mom says she doesn't believe in Jesus now.  I was so sad for him, but happy I can pray for him and encourage him.  His mom used to come to church all the time. I'm glad his grandma and grandpa love Jesus and teach him about him and bring him to church.
We went to Bob Evan's after church with Pat and Rich and then to their house to see their remodeled kitchen.  It looks beautiful.  We stopped at Jack's and got stew meat because I want to make stew.  Also got Thistle seed for my birds too.  We came home and I did my Bible reading had prayer time.  Bill worked on organizing his tool cabinet for a while and then we watched movies.

No comments: