Sunday, August 25, 2019

Sunday, 8/25/19, Headed to Clare, Stopped at Cops and Donuts, Had free room stay at Soaring Eagle, Saw Brenda and Dan

Ready for take off....Bill, Don, Paul, Gayla, Mike, Wes and Elaine
Stop along the way

Hotel swimming pool was empty.  So nice to swim and get exercise.  It was nice and warm.
After I swam, I went in the outdoor Hot Tub and then laid out to dry off


Dinner with Charlie, Sue and Bill.  Celebrated Bill's birthday. 

I was happy to see this surprise visitor.
It was 46 degrees in the morning, but nice and sunny and warmed up fast.We left our hotel and stopped at The TroutTown Restaurant in Kalkaska.  Bill said His was the best breakfast he ever had.  I had french toast and it was ok but not the best I’ve ever had.  It had cinnamon and corn flakes on it.  We did a couple stops along the way, and then when we got to Clare, we stopped at Cops and Donuts.  Mike left and headed home right away because he wanted to rest before he works tonight.  Paul left after he ate his donut.  Bill and I headed to Mt. Pleasant.  The rest headed home.  Bill and I went to Penney’s shopping for sales until it was time to check into our free room at the Hotel.  Bill was tired from driving and I was hot and needed exercise.  He took a nap while I swam, went in the outside hot tub and relaxed in the sun/shade.  Lots of clouds passing over, so it went between sunny and cloudy.  It felt good when the mist from the fountain lightly misted me every now and then.  Very relaxing.  Charlie and Sue came to have dinner at the Aurora Buffet with us.  All of our meals were free because they are veterans.  So nice to see them treated good now.  When we were eating, Brenda and Dan (Bruce’s step mom and his dad) came and sat at the table next to us.  We were both surprised!  They had just been in Tawas camping with Bruce and Melissa.  We called Melissa and both we were talking. Melissa was confused because I had just hung up from her and told her Sue was with me, but she thought it sounded like Brenda.  She FaceTimed us then and saw it was both of us. I had sent her a selfie we took but she didn’t get it.  We came up to our room and played Euchre.  All three were close games.  We girls wine 1 and the guys won 2.  Fun day!

No comments: