Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Tues., 6/8/21, Made a celebration lunch for Vikki's last day of work, Bill got a bridge, wishing well and birdhouse for our new garden area, Amanda got engaged, Went to Coco Loco with Diane and James

 

 Congratulations to our niece Amanda and Alex.  They got engaged today!

Isaac and Peyton...last day of school here
Cute well, bridge and birdhouse Bill picked up for me today in Owosso
Cute picture of Angel and her mom and Bill's sister, Tina on their trip

Sweet friends Diane and her son James

Beautiful rainbow out in back of our house tonight

Got up at 6 and started browning the round steak and put it in the crockpot for Vikki's last day of school celebration meal.   Spent my time with the Lord, then got a call from Vikki.  Peyton had an early field trip for school, so she wanted to know if they could come here early. Of course was my answer.  They got here and Bill was just about to leave to pick up a bridge in Owosso.  Bill invited Isaac to go with him.  Isaac wanted to, so they left.  Vikki brought me a water bottle that keeps things hot or cold like hers.  It is so nice! Peyton started her field trip online with her teacher and classmates.  Vikki and I ate our sandwiches (she brought me one) and drank our coffee.  We walked outside and looked at my garden and plants.  The corn is really growing.  Beets are coming up, and the 5 sunflower seeds I planted all came up.  Vikki and I shared the sunflower seeds, but I only wanted a few.  We filled out Bay Shore Forms so I could get them in the mail.  We relaxed and visited until she had to leave for work.  Bill and Isaac got back and had also got a wishing well and a cool birdhouse that matched.  Kenzie got a wishing well too, when she and Travis went to help Bill.  We have a great family that is always willing to help us.  Peyton helped me peel potatoes, and sure is a great helper.  I got some tracts, kids CMA coloring books and crayons, and CMA information brochures out of the attic to take to Mackinaw City with us for witnessing and for the CMA booth.  I dropped off some stuff to Melissa's, then took Peyton and Isaac to Vikki's work, so she could take them to pick out books at their school.  I went home and Bill had the potatoes all cooked for me.  I mashed them, and cooked some corn.  When Vikki came, she walked out back to look at the bridge.  Then we all ate.  It was yummy and was the best round steak ever.  I will be getting more when I go back to the Mennonite Store.  No fat on it, just great tender meat.  I texted with Adam, my friend Vikki and two friends who are going through cancer right now, (one started Chemo today and the other is having surgery tomorrow) and another friend from church having foot surgery tomorrow.  Praying for all of these dear friends.  We met Diane and James at Coco Loco's for a late lunch.  We went at an off time so it wouldn't be busy.  It was so nice enjoying their company.  James is our Vikki's age and had a stroke.  He is a veteran and he helps James get to Marine Corp League meetings and events.  They started going to our church.  Bill and I went to Sam's Club.  We got some things that were in their sale brochure.  I'm really excited because Kimmy called and she and the boys are coming tomorrow to visit and swim.  She has been staying away because she was sick and didn't want us to get it.  It's been two weeks since I have seen them.  

No comments: