Sunday, June 13, 2021

Sunday, 6/13/21, Headed home from Mackinaw City, Stopped at Cousin's Jim and Julie's, Stopped at Kimmy and Jared's, went for ice cream

 

Bill and I were on some fun hills
We met my cousin Jim and his wife Julie at Mio and had lunch together.  We hadn't seen each other for 20 years and had such a nice time catching up and also sharing memories
Eli in Kimmy's pretty garden

Wyatt

 Adam, Jacob and Eli

Cousin Jim on a tractor he got that was just like my Great Grandpa Adam's

 Jim driving the tractor up for us to see
Julie and Jim in front of their house
 Bill and I stopped at the Country Creamery for ice cream on the way home.  Couldn't go on a trip and not get ice cream

Read our Bibles, and did devotions and prayer.  Left our hotel at around 9:30 a.m.  Called my cousin and set up place and time to meet.  Bill took such a great route on the way to Mio.  We went along Lake Huron, through Rogers City, and then cut over toward Mio.  It was beautiful and sunny out, but a little cool by the water.  I had Bill stop so I could put my new fuzzy warm leg warmer things on we got at the Rally.  So nice!!!  When we were on 33 there were lots of nice hills and curves.  It was so much fun.  When we got to the 12 Tables Restaurant we were supposed to call Jim and Julie.  They only live 3 blocks away.  We pulled in and Julie came hurrying outside and over to us.  We were so happy to see each other.  We hugged, then went in the restaurant and saw Jim and hugged him.  We had such a fun time reminiscing and visiting.  We all ate breakfast except Jim.  We had told them on the phone we were going to treat them.  Julie arranged with the waitress to give her the Bill, so they ended up buying ours.  Found out my other Cousin, Jim’s brother Jack, isn’t doing too good.  Jim’s son and girlfriend take care of him, otherwise he would have to be in a home Jim said.  We followed them to their house to see the tractor they got with the kids for Jim.  It is just like my grandpa Adam’s tractor he had on the farm.  He taught Jim to drive it to help in the fields when Jim was 12.  He loved that tractor and now has one just like it.  I took lots of pictures.  We said our goodbyes and headed for home.  We went through Edenville and decided to stop at Kimmy and Jared’s.  We looked at Kimmy’s plants which are beautiful and growing nicely.  We visited with them and I enjoyed a cold ice tea with Kimmy.  We all sat on the deck.  We left there and decided since we hadn’t had any ice cream on our trip, we would just have to stop at the Country
Creamery.  It was so nice and very safe.  Our waffle cones were huge and delicious.  When we got home, I called Vikki to let her know we were home.  Peyton really wanted to come see me and swim with me, so Vikki brought her and Isaac over.  She sure is my girl!  I am blessed that she loves me so much.  We all had fun swimming together.  Bill came in too.  The water was warm, but the air was a little cool. We stayed in a long time though.  It was such a great day!

No comments: