Friday, October 27, 2023

Friday, 10/27/23, Kimmy, Eli, Melissa, Hailey, Jack, and Vikki came over, Wes and Gayla came over, Melissa, Hailey, Jack, Evan and Conner came over, went to Marie and Roy’s for dinner

This picture shows Hailey’s s personality perfectly 
Loved having our college girl Hailey come over today!
Love that Eli and Jack were off from school and could come over too!  Badger in the picture was them!
We even had Abby here.  Hailey and I were so happy and gave her lots of attention!
It was so nice having Jack’s friend Connor come over too!
Hailey, showing papa where her Christian group will be staying during the it N. Carolina retreat. Such a beautiful place!
Everyone just hanging out 
Bill’a lawnmower went in the ditch.  He got off of it before it went in.  So thankful he was ok
Drying to get it out
It rolled in there all the way 
Lawn needs some repair 
Beautiful leaves Kenzie got off her bush today
Baby's room is ready and looking beautiful.  Kenzie did a great job decorating it.
 

 I got up early and got 2 loaves of bread going in the bread makers.  I made yummy  egg salad so we could have it for sandwiches on the home made bread.  I made a blueberry pie to take to Roy and Marie's tonight too.  Debbie from the Marine Corp League came to pick up a large cooler and some other things Bill has been storing for them.  I talked to her for a few minutes, then she drove her car back by the shed for Bill to put the stuff in.  When the pie got done,  I ran to Sam's Club to get Premium Protein Drinks for Bill, some burger for chili, and some other things.  I went to Aldi's for ground turkey to make Kimmy's chili for Tuesday night at Melissa and Bruce's.  I picked up some Ritz Crackers, and a head of cabbage too.  When I got home, Kimmy and Eli were there.  Kimmy was walking outside in the back yard.  I opened the back door and said hi and she came and helped me with groceries and so did Eli.  Bill was oiling the barn door in the hallway because it was squeaking.  They started putting outside stuff away.  I had to get the bread out of the bread makers and then went out to help.  Kimmy took an outside chair to the shed because I was making room in the garage for stuff.  I went to the shed to help find a place for it and she was already in my flower garden, digging zinnia's.  I went to help her, but the zinnias were lying on the ground and instead of digging a zinnia, I started digging a butterfly weed plant.  Good thing Kimmy said something before I dug the root.  Whoops.  I dug a few out, but Kimmy had the rest all done.  We put them in Yard Waste Cans and then Eli took them to the front of the house.  He was quite funny to watch.  He was trying to carry both of them in his arms, but that wasn't happening.  I told him he could just pull them because they were on wheels, but then he stacked one on top of the other and pulled it that way.  He's cute!  Thank you so much Kimmy and Eli for your help.  We sure appreciate you.  We got done, and Kimmy and I walked one more time around the house, then went inside.  

Shortly after that, Melissa, Hailey (she was a nice surprise), and Jack came over.  Hailey shadowed a Physical Therapist at Midland Hospital in the morning.  Jack and Eli had fun hanging out together and so did we girls.  We ate the yummy egg salad on homemade bread.  Those that didn't want egg salad had turkey and cheese.  There also was Fettucini from Aldi.  We had blueberry muffins for dessert.  We finished eating and then I put things away. When Vikki got out of work, she came and ate too.  We all sat around the table for a long time.  Then the girls said dad's going to get stuck driving his truck across the lawn.  That made me go to the window and I saw why.  He was trying to pull his lawnmower out of the ditch.  He jumped off of it before it rolled in the ditch.  I am so thankful he's ok.  His truck wheels were just spinning.  I was praying of course.  He decided to get his longer tow rope and try it.  After two tries, he got it out.  We sure were thankful.  Bruce and Max were heading over to help, but we called and told them it was out.  Melissa went and picked up Evan, and Jack's friend Connor.  Kimmy left to go pick up Adam.  Vikki took Eli home with her so he could go to our church with her and see the Jesus Revolution movie tonight.  Wes and Gayla stoped over for about 20 minutes.  They left to go pick up Joel.  Around 3:45, Melissa, Hailey, Jack, Evan and Connor came over again.  Jack and Evan wanted to play ping pong with papa and Evan had a fundraiser for school to raise money for his Washington DC trip or Harley trip if they do that.  It was a neat fundraiser.  All we had to do was pick a day on the calendar and we paid whatever the date was.  We could pick whichever one we wanted according to what we wanted to give.  All the money goes in an account Bruce and Melissa have for Evan's trip.  Bill picked the 28th because it was his birthday date.  He missed it when Melissa said you have to pay what the date is.  He didn't change it though.   We had to get ready to leave for Marie and Roy's so they gave us hugs and left.  

We had a great time at Marie and Roy's with them and Dennis and Amy.  She had a delicious salad made which we ate first.  Then we had homemade beef vegetable soup that was so good.  She made noodles for us to put in it if we wanted and she also had homemade cornbread.  We had my pie for dessert and everyone said it was delicious.  She asked me to fill the bowls and carry them in so I did.  I was a little nervous because she just got new carpet put in.  No spills though PTL.  Roy and I cleared the table afterwards and rinsed the dishes.  He loaded them all in the dishwasher.  He's 87 is in such good shape.  We all sat around the table talking and then prayed together for prayer requests we all had.  Bill shared his vision God gave him.  I always love hearing it and remembering when he had it how he was glowing and so joyful.  We all left around 8 and when I got home, I made chili for tomorrow's chili cook off.  I just found out about it the day before yesterday and Bill told me it was a chili cook off today.  Got it done and had time to relax.   

 

No comments: