Friday, October 13, 2023

Friday,10/13/23, Left for Arkansas, we drove 12 hours total today, fun day!

New sunglasses holder dad got for me
Bill at the rest area
Selfie we took at the pretty rest area
Same rest area
 
Bridge over the Mississippi River.  Missouri is at the end with of the bridge 
Mississippi River 
At the end of this bridge we enter Missouri 
Always love seeing this big cross in Illinois!  Love reminders of Jesus and what He did for us.  I’m so very thankful!
Eli and his friend played in the marching band at the high school football game tonight. Kimmy said it was cold and rainy.  Yikes!

I got up at 3 a.m. and Bill got up at 3:30.  We got ready, packed the last minute stuff, then Bill loaded the truck while I made some sandwiches and packed food and drinks to take for on the way.  I gave Kit Kat some treats and made sure she was outside.  Told her goodbye and to be a good kitty.  We left after that.  It was 5 a.m.  I played my worship music I have on my phone on his radio while we rode.  

I smelled something again that smelled like grease or fuel oil or something that gave me a sick feeling.  I had smelled it the other night but Bill didn’t know what it was.  This morning he told me it was probably the new winter floor mats he got for the truck.  We stopped at the 7-11 by 52 and Gratiot and he put the in the back end of the truck.  I knew I could ride a whole day smelling that.  He is going to return them when he gets back home.  

After we were on the road about a half hour it started raining lightly.  Bill drove for 3 hours, then we stopped at a rest area for a potty break.  I drove for the next 3 1/2 hours.  The weather was great but for an hour I was in heavy traffic with semi trucks all over the place.  Crazy.  I was so thankful when I got back to light traffic.  

We stopped again at a Love’s where gas was 3.19 a gallon.  Bill filled up the truck and we had another potty break.  He drove from there.  We ate our last two chicken salad sandwiches and some chips for lunch.  

Bill drove a couple more hours and then we stopped at a rest area on Rend Lake near Benton IL.  It the prettiest rest area I’ve been to.  It was 75 degrees when we were there then when we were riding it went to 78, then 79.  It felt really good because it wasn’t sunny out. 

We ended up at our hotel in Forrest City at 4:41.  We checked in to our hotel, then went to eat at Ole Sawmill Cafe.  We got a free drink with our meal if we showed our room key.  Bill had coffee and I had a coke.  He had chopped steak, a baked potato and salad and I had a grilled chicken breast with the same sides.

We came to our hotel, carried what we needed in and relaxed.  Felt good after a long day of driving/riding.  We both read our Bibles.  



No comments: