Thursday, October 5, 2023

Thurs., 10/5/23, Kimmy came over, We listened to Jacob's pastor's message, The Kernel Burner guy cameMelissa and Evan came over, Vikki came over

This picture came up in my memories today.  Adam was so cute and little. 
Evan sitting by our first fire.  The guy started the fire to make sure it worked fine after he pulled the whole thing out and cleaned it
Silly Evan or should I say, the Statue of Liberty
Evan tried it on Badger
Me and Brielle when I got to watch her for a little while tonight
Brielle loved worshiping with Phil Wickam.  She would raise her arm move it around.  So precious  
She didn't want to put them in the shape top, but loved putting them in the bucket and taking them out
 
She's getting so big!

Kimmy came for a visit.  I made coffee and started cooking burger to make goulash.  Ate some oatmeal.  Kimmy had already eaten oatmeal at her house.  We talked to Kenzie for a while.  After that, we listened to Jacob's pastor's message on Roman's online.  What a great message right from the Word of God and preached in truth.  He sure was interesting the way he gave word pictures.  He has a great voice to listen to and you can sure tell he loves Jesus and follows him.  Loved his boldness for the Lord.  I am so thankful Jacob has such a great church to go to and a great Christian group on campus.  I can't wait to listen to another message later.  Melissa and Evan came over to visit.  Evan has today and tomorrow off from school.  He loved showing us his new keyboard with all the colorful lights.  Very cool!  He was so happy when Papa got here and played ping pong with him.  He is going to be a great player.  He already plays really well.  He is so much fun to have around.  I made goulash to have for lunch.  We all were eating and the guy came to clean our kernel burner.  He cleans it once a year because he pulls it right out and cleans the chimney part way and makes sure everything is working well.  He found a bat again.  He finds one every year.   He gave me some tips for when I clean it again.  It started right up when he turned it on and it ignited.  We all went in to sit by it for a few minutes after he left, then we turned it off.  It was starting to get warm even though it was just a small flame because it was turned way down.

Melissa brought Badger.  He sure did lots of neat tricks.  Our favorite was waving.  He would lift his paw up and then move it up and down.  He was so cute.  He is such a nice dog.  

Bill was going through some of his stuff and was passing lots of stuff to Evan.  Some junk, some treasures lol.  He gave Kimmy a couple of treasures too....two pair of reading glasses.
Vikki came over when she got out of work.  She ate a bowl of goulash and we visited and relaxed.  It was sure nice having the girls and Evan here.   

Kimmy left when it was time to go get Eli.  Melissa left at the same time.   I read my Bible and then got ready to go to Maddy's to watch Brielle for 1 1/2 hours for her.  Alec had an interview he had to go to.  Brielle was so sweet and I was happy she remembered me.  I haven't seen her much as we have been camping lots and had lots of stuff going on for a couple of months now.  She ate good for me and then I gave her a sugar cookie I brought her and she really loved that.  Maddy's mom and dad live in the duplex next door and heard Maddy's puppy, Winston, barking.  They came and got her and took her to their house where the puppy's sister lives.  Maddy's mom was going away for a while.  She held Brielle and hugged her and kissed her.  I thought Brielle might not want to come back to me from her grandma, but I held out my arms and she came right to me with a smile.  I was sure happy about that.  We had fun playing and watching Phil Wickham's worship video.   Alec got home and I talked with him for a while about how his interview went.  Then I left and went to Walgreen's and got a pretty baby gift bag, some cards, and some lotion.  When I went outside it was raining lightly.  I tried to cover the gift bag with my two other plastic bags and make it to the car without it getting wet.  I put it in the hatchback and shut it, got in the car.  Stacie called me and I talked to her for about 15 minutes.  She passed her test to be an insurance person.  It was a hard test and she took an accelerated class so had to learn lots in a short time period.  I am very proud of her.  I hung up because Bill had tried to call me and I wanted to see what he wanted.  He wanted to know if I wanted him to bring me a 5 Guys hamburger home.  Of course I said yes.  He and Max went there.  I have heard about how good they are.  I started driving and it down poured.  Boy was I glad that didn't happen when I was caring the gift bag out.  It would have gotten ruined.  There wasn't a bag big enough to put it in. 
I was going to drop off Evan's headphones, but decided it was too hard to see to drive with the downpour, so just headed home.  I prayed right away for Bill and Max because I knew they were driving back from Flint and didn't want them to get caught in a downpour.   

I got home and put everything away and turned the outside lights on for Bill so he would be able to see good when he got home.  He got home and gave me my burger.  It was the best hamburger I have ever eaten.  YUM!  So delicious.  I see why Max loves them now.  Bill read his Bible.  Melissa and I talked for a long time on the phone.  I love my family!




 


 

No comments: