Saturday, October 28, 2023

Saturday, 10/28/23, Went to Iron Saints meeting in Ypsilanti, then went to Chili Cook off at Bev and Ron’s,

We went through a car wash this morning at 8 to get all the mud off the tires from pulling the lawnmower out of the ditch yesterday 

Iron Saints meeting
Fun at the Chili cook off at Bev and Ron’s 
 
Matt and me
All of us by the fire
All of the chili
Bill




Me and Bill
 

 All those whose name started with B had to go out in the center.  They had to say what trade went with the tool she showed them.
 Bill turned and smiled at me so I took his picture
Bev’s turn
 
Bill’s turn and he couldn’t say electrician because it was already named.  He said dentist lol!!!!
 
Beautiful country roads on our way home!
 



I saw this cute ice cream place and saw an open sign lit up.  I had told Bill we should get ice cream and he said we could look when we went through towns.  He turned around and went back to this one.  


Bill waiting for our order
My banana split I got on the way home
Bill with his hot fudge sundae....it was too cold to eat outside
Max came over to practice target shooting with Papa
Max hanging out with Bill
Hailey posing for my picture while she was cooking
Hailey cooking the burger while Bruce makes the homemade chips
Rody looking good in the orange vest we got him last year
Christine got all of these dogs to pose for this picture.  They are pretty amazing dogs!  Vader and Badger are in the picture in the center.

We got up early so we could be ready to leave at 7:45.  Had the chili all hot in the crockpot and packed it and the rest of the stuff we took in the truck then headed to the carwash.  Good to have the truck clean again.  It sure had muddy wheels.  It took 1 1/2 hours to get to Ypsilanti for the Iron Saints chapter meeting.  I ordered hot chocolate to drink.  It was a cold 40 degree morning.  The meeting went really good with 23 of us there.  Lots of outreach plans to minister at coming up.  This is the most active chapter in Michigan.  They get lots done and raise lots of money for Run for the Son.  After the meeting, we went to Ron and Bev's for a chili cook off.  Lots from the meeting were there too.  Ron and Bev invited everyone from all four of the chapters they oversee.  Great seeing everyone and the chili was delicious.  Don't know about the hot and spicy ones since I passed those up.  My award winning chili that has won 4 awards, wasn't award winning today.  Bev and Ron took Bill and I in for a tour of their Cozy Cabin.  There house is a log cabin they built.  It was very nice.

We had a beautiful day for a ride.  The colors are still gorgeous.  An ice cream stop on our way home was a highlight too.  I texted Kenzie that we were going through Owosso and she wasn't home again.  She had gone to my house and had some chili, then went to her mom's where they decided to meet with Kimmy.  Hailey got her hair cut there by Vikki too.  Kenzie thought they were going to meet at my house so that's why she went there.  I'm glad I had chili in the refrigerator for her.  

When we got home, Bruce and Max came over so Max could target practice with Bill.  I took Max home because Bill had to put everything away and needed to read his Bible yet.  I read mine while we were riding this morning.  I went in and saw Melissa, Bruce and Hailey for a minute.  Jack and Evan were at the corn maze Bethlehem goes to every year in Frankenmuth.  Connor went with them too.  Bruce was making homemade corn chips.  Melissa gave me some and they are delicious.  Hailey was cooking the burger for on them.

When I got home, Bill and I watched a good movie about a therapy dog.  It was based on a true story and was very touching.  


No comments: