Wednesday, April 17, 2024

4/17/24, Got ready, packed last minute things, made sandwiches, then left at 9:30 on our trip to Minnesota, Stopped at Pat’s, then Walmart, Stayed in Wausau, Wisconsin

Jacob holding a Silkie Chicken when he was little. So adorable!

Jacob got some really nice sweatshirts and a shirt. Vi love all of fhem but this is my favorite!  He a great witness for the Lord.
Hotdog in Mackinaw City! It looked good enough to eat lol!
Lake Hiram at the Bridge. Lots of waves 
Cloudy day at the bridge.  Construction so we had to drive on the opposite side

 We got ready, then packed the last minute stuff.  I made egg salad sandwiches for our drive today, so we wouldn’t have to stop as long.  Bill picked the kind of sandwiches.  Those are his favorite.  I packed the cooler and then we left at  9:30.  Bill drove to Sam’s Club and filled the car up.  Then I asked if he wanted me to drive so he could rest.  He was coughing and wheezing last night.  So I drove.  I talked to Kimmy while I drove.  I could see it was getting pretty dark ahead, so I talked to Kimmy till is started raining heavier.  Then I hung up and it poured.  I drove to Gaylord, then we switched.  Bill drove over the Mackinaw Bridge, then when we got down US 2 a ways, I drove again. I texted Rody and he was just getting the car from the parking lot to get Vikki and take her to Souper Cafe to eat, then home.  She was about starving she said when she called me.  She said her colonoscopy went well and she didn’t have any polyps.  Yay!  Charlie had surgery on two toes and that went well too.  I thanked the Lord for both going well and prayers being answered.  Melissa called  to have me pray because she heard they were having MSU students  go to the basement or hallways because there were tornado warnings.  I talked to Kimmy after and Jacob was ok and thought it was pretty cool to watch. He sure is like the rest of the guys in our family lol. 

We ate our sandwiches and had snacks.  Stopped to get gas another time and stopped a couple of times to use the bathroom.  He drove the last stretch for the day.  We stopped at Art and Pat’s our UP Area Reps. House.  Art was working, so we stopped at Walmart to surprise him and see him.  After that we came to Wausau and stayed at the Stoney Creek Hotel. It is very nice.  We got here around 7.  Bill said he was feeling better today but was still tired and weak when the VA checked on him.

We read our Bibles, talked to all three girls, then went to bed.


No comments: