Monday, April 22, 2024

Mon., 4/22/24, Caught up on laundry, watered inside plants and outside plants, grass has gotten greener and thicker, plants have grown, Melissa and Bruce brought Vader’s dad and grandpa over, plus Badger, went to get a car wash, to Sam’s Club and to Meijer

These pictures are in reverse order again.  Don’t know why it does that sometimes.
  Bill with Ollie, Vader’s dad, and me with Quake, Vader’s grandpa.  Such nice dogs.  
Melissa holding Ollie and me holding Quake’s leash.  So glad Melissa and Bruce stopped over to show us Vader’s relatives.  No wonder Vader is such a nice, smart dog.
Bill took this picture of all of the dogs
Kenzie sent me this cute picture of Rehvyn at 4 most.
Travis and Rehvyn
New plants did well while we were gone.
The new Clematis has a blossom already.
Grass sure got thicker where we planted grass seed
Got a hummingbird feeder that suctions to the kitchen window
New garden sign from Aldi
I hung the two bird houses today
Hung a new hummingbird feeder.  Bill put the bird feeder somewhere, but I can’t find them
New Oriole jelly feeder.  Nice and big.  Can stick oranges on the ends too.
New oriole feeder hung up too.  Hope they come fast!


Bill went for coffee with Charlie.  I got up when he did, and we made the bed together.  I went outside right away and watered the new plants.  I was happy to see a blossom on the clematis.  The new garden looked so nice and no weeds in it yet.  I will put preen down tomorrow.  I drank a protein drink, then went to Menards to get some new oriole and hummingbird feeders.  Found some cute ones.  When I got home I made food for the birds up and hung the feeders.  I’m watching to see when the first ones come.  

I put some more summer things out day.  I also did all the laundry from our trip which amounted to two big mesh bags full.  Somehow, Kit Kat snuck in and I found her laying on Bill’s side of the bed.  I promptly got her and put outside and told her she was an outside cat.  When Bill got home, he mowed the yard.  I was reading my Bible when he came in.  He washed his hands and came in and started reading too.  Melissa called to see if she and Bruce could stop over and show us Vader’s Dad and Grandfather before their owner picked them up today.  They are very nice dogs.  They stayed and visited on the deck for a while, then went to the park to walk the dogs.  After they left, Bill started the lawn mower, and got it put away.  I started burgers on the grill, and when he finished he sat outside and took over.  I cooked fried potatoes inside, and made green beans.  I told Bill the burgers were just the way I like them and he told me the potatoes were perfect.  The new stove does cook things much better and more even.  When we finished eating, we went to take the car through a car wash.  We got to our corner and I saw someone in a van like Melissa’s wave.  I told Bill, but he said that wasn’t a vehicle like theirs.  I don’t think he saw it.  I tried to call Melissa to see if it was her.  She didn’t answer, but called me back later and said it was.  She was taking Jack to his Fencing class.  He was the one I saw waving.  Funny how we can be so happy seeing each other and waving.  Our windshield was filled with bugs from traveling.  It was so nice to have it nice and clean again.  We went to Sam’s Club and I picked up some bread, then we went to Meijer and got our Olipop drinks.  They were on sale, so we got 20 of them.  We came home and put things away, and Bill went outside and covered the grill.  Kit Kat got in again.  I was outside calling her and couldn’t find her anywhere. When I came in the door, there she was in the family room.  I promptly removed her again and told her she was an outside cat.  We relaxed in our recliners and I did my blog.  

No comments: