Thursday, April 11, 2024

Thursday, 4/11/24, Rained all day, high of 54, everything is getting greener and plants are growing

Rainy dreary day, but should be good for the daffodils I planted yesterday in front along the sidewalk to add to those already there.  They have sprouts so will see what they do this spring yet.  Maybe nothing will happen till next year.  
Another stem is growing in the center of this picture below the little pink spot.  Two more blossoms should be coming soon.
Leaves coming on our Maple tree.  Yay!
That’s my boy Eli.  Your great grandma would be really proud of you and I am too.

We got up at 8 this morning, made the bed together, then I ate breakfast and Bill drank his protein drink.  He left to take his sister, Carol, to her doctor appt.  Both of her legs are retaining water since she got that blister on her one leg.  The doctor put her on a water pill.  
Bill had to wait a long time to get his prescription from the VA.  I worshiped and read my Bible.  Had a good cup of coffee in my favorite Kimmy mug, then vacuumed the downstairs. 
Connected a light that wasn’t turning on with Google and it is working again.  Yay!
I talked with Vikki and texted with Kimmy.  Eli is becoming a really good shot and taking care of her bad birds.  I told her to have him come take care of mine.   

I stayed inside all day except for a couple of steps out the front door and a couple out the back door.  Right back in I came.  Kit Kat was under a bush in the front and came to greet me when I opened the door.  I went to the back door and called her to come eat.  I had just set her dish out.  I bring it in in the evening so no critters come eat it.

I made cut up potatoes in foil like we do when we go camping, only baked them in the over.  Also made air fried chicken strips for dinner. After dinner, we watched the Christian movie, Pawn's Move.  

 

No comments: