Monday, April 8, 2024

Monday, 4/8/24, We all checked out of our hotel, met at Bob Evans that was super close for breakfast, went together to Bowling Green, Ihio to watch the total Eclipse,

Ha Ha, Evan wasn’t too excited to order off the kids menu when his birthday is at the end of the month
Jack, Evan and Melissa enjoying breakfast at Bob Evans in the morning after we checked out of our hotel
Max and Bruce enjoying their breakfast.  I didn’t take a picture of Bill and I but we sure loved having breakfast with precious family
Max letting Vader eat a pup cup from Starbucks when Melissa
Cute Missy and Bruce ready to watch the eclipse
Max and Vader, Bruce, Bill, Me, Melissa, Jack and Evan ready to watch

Max and Vader, Jack and Evan with their Eclipse Bags

Melissa made the boys up Eclipse bags....they had eclipse gum, sun chips, capri sun drinks,
moon pies, starbursts, and milky ways in them.  I’m probably forgetting something.  Such a cute idea and the boys loved them.

Me and Bill watching from our car.  We had a blanket under us and pillows behind us.  
It was so cool to watch the eclipse together in Bowling Green Ohio where it was a total eclipse
Our neighbor had a super cool telescope, but also had glasses like ours
His headlights came on when it started getting dark,
The parking lot lights came on next
The temperature dropped 10 degrees and Melissa and I had to put our sweatshirts on.  Then it got so dark and was very cool








Isaac by my flowers

I borrowed these eclipse pictures from a friend who had a special lens and was in Ohio too. It’s just how it looked to us.  The heavens and the earth declare the Glory of the Lord!  That is the truth.  God is just so awesome and His creation is amazing!  Thank you Lord for such a beautiful wonder in the sky to behold.


Peyton

I’m glad I made it home while they were still so pretty

Peyton with Eli’s sheep, Sausage
Eli helping Rehvyn sit on Sausage, his sheep
Isaac

We got ready, read our Bibles, then I went to get Bill’s charger out of the car while he took a shower so he could charge it before we left to watch the eclipse.  I took a suitcase out with me, because two didn’t want to stay on the luggage rolling rack very good last time.  I saw Bruce by the elevator, so told him just to have Melissa call me when she was ready since we weren’t in any hurry.  She called and they were checking out, so we checked out too and met them at Bob Evans which was only 2 minutes away.  We had a good breakfast and nice visit, then left to go watch the Eclipse in Bowling Green, Ohio.  We were following Bruce and Melissa, and we got off at an exit because Bill thought it was their van ahead of us.  He asked me if that was their van and I looked and it wasn’t.  We had to wait for a long light, then got back on the expressway and Bill went a “little" faster to try to catch up with them.  
We passed a semi truck that had been by us when we got off at the exit.  We still couldn’t see them.  We passed a Sandusky exit, then were coming up to a New Sandusky exit.  Melissa called me and said they had just got off an exit to go to the bathroom.  I asked which one and she said Sandusky.  I said we just passed it, and asked her if it could be New Sandusky.  Bruce said yes, so we got off the exit just in the nick of time.  We all got back on the expressway, and kept together this time.  We stopped once to discuss if we wanted to go farther than Findley to see the eclipse so we would be closer to home, since the weather was supposed to be the same. We stopped at a Rest area.  It was pretty packed, but there was room for both of us to park by each other.   The guys went to the bathroom, and took Vader to go too.  When they got back, Melissa, Bruce and the kids set up their chairs, I got our car ready for Bill and I to sit in the back and we watched the eclipse and took pictures of us.  A parking lot neighbor next to us took a group picture for us.  It was so amazing watching the eclipse so clearly.  Then when it was almost totally covered, it got much cooler.  Then lights on cars started coming on, then the parking lot lights came on and it got pretty dark.  The guy next to us let us look at the eclipse when it was still a total eclipse through his big telescope.  It was sure cool looking and the light on the edges was amazing.  That was really nice of him.  We finished watching it and when it was done, Melissa and I went to the bathroom, then came back and we all got ready and then left.  There wasn’t much traffic at all getting to that rest area, but all the way through Ohio, it was slow moving traffic, and then again in Michigan for quite a while it was slow moving.  It sure was worth it though to have such a wonderful experience with family.  When we got home, we started unpacking.  Vikki called me and asked if I wanted to come see them in our drive way.  Of course I said yes.  I met them outside.  Vikki came in to use the bathroom.  I kissed Rehvyn’s forehead in his carseat in the car.  He opened his eyes, and I said hi, it’s nana.  He looked for a couple of minutes, then went back to sleep.  He sure is precious and I sure was happy to see him.  I was very happy to get my hugs from Peyton, Isaac and Vikki too.  I sure did miss them while I was gone.  I texted with Kimmy too.  I sure did miss them too.  Happy to be home, but sure had a great time.  Vikki called when she got home and Travis and Kenzie had a blowout and have to wait 4 hours for the wrecker to come.  They are in Oklahoma.  We sure are praying for them.  I get to watch Rehvyn while Vikki works tomorrow.  I am so excited.  I also get to spend time with Vikki while she stays here after taking the kids to school, and then while she waits after work to pick them up.  




No comments: