Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Tues., 4/23/24, Trimmed both Hydrangea plants, Went to Kimmy’s, Weeded around house , Vikki, brought Peyton over, made spaghetti,

Kenzie sent me some cute pictures of Rehvyn today
Me and Basil.  Such a sweet kitten!  She sure is a loving cat.  Eli trained her well.
We called Bo and he came this far, then stopped and looked at us
Max loading the gun for target practice
Bill and Peyton playing the Penny Game in the motor home.  I played with them.
Peyton doing a cartwheel.  Her first one was perfect.
Doing the splits
Relaxing
Cut all the flowers off and pruned my Hydrangeas
Limelight Hydrangea

Rehvyn looks so much older in this picture
Isaac in the tree
Peyton posing in picture Vikki took

Bill went to look at a log splitter.  I talked to Kimmy and decided to go visit her when she was done with her pottery work.  She had her first Oriole today.  Yay!  I trimmed my Hydrangeas because I watched a video last night of how and when to do it and it was the time.  I had pruned them pretty good last spring, so they just need the flowers cut off and a little bit of pruning this year.  I took a shower, hung the blankets I had washed outside on the line,  and headed to Kimmy’s.  Traffic was slow for about 10 minutes because of work on the expressway.  I got to Kimmy’s at 12:15.  She was working in the garden when I got there.  She let Wyatt outside and he came to greet me.  He was a good boy and didn’t jump on me.  He sure like me petting him.  Kimmy put him inside, and then we walked around her yard and house and looked at all of her plants.  Everything looks so nice.  I love how she did her new clematis plants around the post.  Can’t wait to see everything once it grows.  
We ate lunch and had turkey sandwiches plus I had pastrami on mine.  We had chips with it and raspberry lemonade.  Yum!  Thank you Kimmy.  After lunch, we watched a video of an Airstream Trailer.  Bill’s brother got one and are camping.  We wanted to see what they look like on the inside.  Very nice!  We went for another walk outside after that.   I left, then Kimmy left to pick up Adam.  

When I got home, I started working up the dirt around the house on the one side and pulling weeds.  It wasn’t too bad.  I need to put Preen down, but it has been way too windy the last two days.  Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to.  Max came over to target practice with Bill.  He sure is looking handsome.  We had a nice talk.  Vikki called and was bringing Peyton over to work.  She and Isaac were going out to eat for Taco Tuesday, and then going to an antique store.  Peyton had texted me to see if we had any jobs for her to earn money for garage sailing on Friday.  Bill had a job for her and I had a couple of jobs for her.  I had her help me finish weeding, and pick up the weeds and grass from digging along the trim.  Then I had her dump it into a yard waste container.  Then papa had her pick up grass and put into yard waste bags.  He had dumped the grass from mowing the lawn yesterday on the garden and there was a pretty good sized pile.  He couldn’t find our pitch fork, and had to leave to get Max home in time.  I looked and couldn’t find the pitch fork either.  We ended up using our small shovels.  It took two of us as it was so windy, one had to help hold the bags til it had enough in it to stay put.  She was a real hard worker and fun too.  We ended up turning the bag on its side and putting the grass in with our hands.  That went super fast.  We ended up with 5 1/2 bags of grass.  Bill got home and showed us that the Penny Game had came.  We all went out to the camper to play the Penny Game.  Peyton won the first one, Bill won the second one and I won the third one.  We had fun and enjoyed cashews and M & M’s while we played.  When we were done, Peyton dusted and vacuumed for me.  Then I made spaghetti and she relaxed.  Vikki and Isaac got back, and even though they had eaten Taco’s for Taco Tuesday, Isaac wanted some of my spaghetti.  Both he and Peyton commented on how they love my spaghetti and haven’t had it in a while.  While I finished making it, Peyton taught Vikki and Isaac how to play the penny game.  Peyton noticed a penny was a wheat penny.  She showed it to Vikki and she looked it up and it said it can be worth from $200 to 2,000.  Vikki is researching it for me.  Vikki won the game.  Then all of us but Vikki ate.  After we finished eating, Vikki and the kids and I walked outside to look at the work Peyton had done and to look at my new flower garden.  They left after that.  We read our Bibles, I talked to Melissa for a long time, then I worked on my blog.  It thundered really loud and there was bright lightning.  Not a whole lot of rain though, but enough to water my plants pretty good since they were just watered yesterday.  Kimmy texted me to let me know Jacob did good on his jury performances.  He had asked us to pray.  Now we are thanking.

No comments: