Thursday, April 6, 2017

4/5/17...Vikki and I went out for a fun lunch, Had kid's care groups


Peyton with her balloon flower she made

Tyler and Isaac with their balloons

Got up and walked 3 miles high speed at Sportszone.  Vikki and I went out to lunch at G's.  They have a new buffet and boy were they busy.  Good pizza and salad!  Loved spending time with Vikki.  Vikki and I sure have some suggestions to make their line go faster though.  After we left there, we walked through the new Home Decor store in the old Sam's Club building.  Went to church to teach kids at care group.  We were supposed to use play dough for one of our games.  I passed out wax paper (good thing) and then gave all the kids a clump of play dough.  Well it was sticky and didn't seem right, but the kids really were excited about making something.  They couldn't even make anything though because it stuck all over their hands (like dough if you don't grease your hands first).  They were all covered.  Than one of my little guys started flinging his hands to get it off and it was flying all over the table and floor.  I stopped him quickly.  I am blessed to have a sink in my room so I had them line up to wash their hands and had all the others be careful  not to touch anything while they waited for their turn.  What a Mess!!  Joan came in right as the last kid was cleaning up.  I told her what a mess it was and she said Suzie and Sarah had made it and maybe need to get a different recipe.  Then she said, I'm going to my class and try it now.  (I have to check with her Sunday and see how her's went)  I would never have gone to try it.  When class was over, Pat, who teaches the 2nd and 3rd grade in the room next to me, looked at me in the hall and said it was awful in her class too and she was still cleaning up.  She doesn't have a sink in her room.  That would have been awful.  The kids had so much fun making balloon animals and flowers.  Evan had to sing at Bethlehem so he didn't get to make balloons.  When he came back with Melissa to get Jack, he was sad he didn't have one.  Well, right away Isaac gave him one of his.  Then Peyton gave him one of hers.  I was so proud of them and Evan was so happy.

No comments: