Friday, April 7, 2017

4/8/17...Taxes done, went to visit Brian in Hospital, Lunch with Bill at Old Town Drive In, To Kimmy's, Vietnam Veteran's dinner, Last Supper Presentation at church

Love Kimmy's sheep and how they run to her when she comes out

Cute momma with her twins

I love Francis....she is absolutely beautiful and so sweet

Giddy up Francis


Peaceful view as we sat on Kimmy's deck.  Such a beautiful day out.

We took a walk through the woods a few times

Bill being interview by Alana Holland from Channel 5. It was on the news when we watched it at 10 and 11.  He did a great job!  So proud of him!

Bill watching the speaker

Dorthy, Gary, Kate (our sweet SVSU student), ?, me and Bill and another ?



Bill receiving his commemoration  

Dan, Gary and Bill



All the Vietnam Vets being honored

We got our taxes done this morning.  After that we went to the hospital to see Brian, a friend in Faith Riders.  He ended up coming home after we left.  We went to lunch at Old Town Drive In and had coney dogs, fries and root beers.  Delicious!  Came home and got ready to go to Kimmy's.  The boys were gone to Kokomos with Nick and his dad.  Kimmy and I sat on grandpa's glider and visited.  It was nice and warm in the sun. We moved the glider when it started getting in the shade.  I sat down on it and it collapsed.  I had lifted it and the bolt came out of the hole.  After another attempt and it going down when I sat on it, we saw the problem and fixed it.  We went out to check on the sheep a couple of times.  She should be lambing soon!  Loved Francis.  She is so cute and so sweet.  The boys got home about a half hour before I had to leave.  I was happy I got to see them.  Nick stayed and played with them.  Kimmy and I went in the house and had a cup of coffee.  On my way home, I saw two eagles.  One was soaring above me and the other was sitting in the tree near the nest.  Love seeing the eagles.  Didn't see any by the other next I went by.  I got home and we left right away for the Vietnam 50 year anniversary commendation. The students from SVSU put on a wonderful dinner for the veterans and their wives.  The food was delicious!  We had a student named Kate sit at our table.  She was so friendly and nice.  Wanted to serve us and treated us like royalty.  I asked her if she was a Christian and she said yes.  I told her about the GAP at SVSU and she said she wants to go to it, but can't right now because she has class on the night they meet.  We talked about her church and she told me she is getting baptized.  She was raised on a dairy farm so I told her about Kimmy and Jared's sheep farm.  She's had sheep too and was in 4 H
and showed them.  I was very proud of Bill and all of the veterans there!  I was also very happy they picked Bill out of all the guys there to interview.  He did a great job and they played it on the news at 10pm and 11pm. 

No comments: