Sunday, April 9, 2017

4/9/17...Nice day in the 70's. Went to church, Sat outside for a while. Went to the Maple Grill and had a fundraiser

Peyton looked so pretty this morning at church

Isaac looked very handsome at church this morning (I think he looks like Pastor Ken as Isaac would say!)
We had our Faith Rider's Fundraiser at The Maple Grill today!

Matt and Matt Jr.  Matt organized the event

Me, Lupe, Eva, Cheryl and Gayla!  

Rosella (Rosey) and Chuck

Kevin, Vikki, Marti and Mark

Merijo and Greg

Phil and Julie (our National Reps)

Joaquin, Eva and Luis

Bill visiting

Wes and Gayla

Matt serving
My daffodils look beautiful now
Went to church.  Peyton came up to me with a nice picture she made for me.  Her hair was fixed so cute.  I had to do a double take because she looked so much like Sienna in my class with her hair like that.  She looked beautiful in her pretty dress.  Isaac loved the palm branches.  He looked very handsome in his nice suit.  After church we came home and got stuff packed up for the silent auction we were having at the Maple Grill.  I sat outside in the beautiful weather until we had to leave.  Bill drove the motorcycle while I drove the car with all the stuff in it.  We set up everything when we got there and then signed in to work.  I passed out plates with food to customers and picked plates up when they were done.  We had a lot of helpers.  We had a very good turnout of people.  We were happy to have Melissa and Bruce come.  Happy to have Stacie come too and lots of couples from church.  They had pulled pork, potatoes salad, grilled beets (which were delicious).  Everything was yummy.  We made $3,700.00 from the motorcycle and other things we sold.  The motorcycle had been donated for us to raise money for Run for the Son.  The money goes to the Jesus Film, Missionary Ventures and Open Door.  This will be a huge blessing to many people and many will come to know Jesus through it.  I am praising God.  When we got home, Bill asked me if I want to go out for ice cream. Of course I said yes.  We walked through the New Home Decor store and then went to Culver's for a concrete mixer.  


No comments: