Tuesday, February 12, 2019

2/12/19...5 1/2 inches of snow overnight, Took Melissa to therapy,

Max holding Jeffrey Peanut, Abby, and Jack

Hailey

Love this picture of Wyatt, so I borrowed it from Kimmy.  So Cute!

Cut up strawberries to dehydrate

Can't wait till they are done, Kiwi will be next
 We got lots of snow overnight and it was still snowing when I got up.  Melissa didn't want to miss therapy, and I didn't want her to.  They called to see if she was coming and we talked it over and decided to try it.  They did move her appt. back from 8:30 to 9 a.m.  I was going to go to breakfast for a half hour, but the roads were awful and even the main roads (State, Center, Michigan, etc weren't plowed yet), so I changed my mind and called Bill to let him know I wasn't coming.   I couldn't see very well because my windshield wipers need to be replaced.  I reminded Bill I needed new ones.  I was trying hard to stay in the tracks of other cars.  Not many cars were out on the roads.  I made it to Melissa's and was happy to get there.  I parked in the garage so Melissa could get in easy without slipping.  I was happy to get to see Max and Jack.  Evan got up and I was happy to see him too.  They were the only ones up.  Jacob sent me a text to let me know they didn't have school. What a sweet grandson he is.  We left a half hour early and didn't see one plowed road even in town.  Bummer!  Melissa told me that there was a snow scraper that fell out of someone's car and got smashed by their van.  Found out it was mine!  What a day to be without a scraper.  I dropped Melissa off and parked.  Walked down the hill to therapy and it sure was windy and slippery.  I stayed with her while she had therapy and really enjoyed watching her.  She had Adam for the first time.  He usually works with just kids, but they had lots of cancellations and were short handed so he got Melissa.  He had just taken a class on what to do to help loosen tightness.  He really helped Melissa and had her standing nice and straight and walking much better.  He was so nice too!  She had therapy for 75 minutes today.  We talked to Shawali and let him know Thursday is Melissa's last day.  He wanted to know how she was doing at home and if she was just using the quad cane now.  He was very happy to find out she was.  While she finished walking down the hallway, I went out to start my car and let it run for a while since I didn't have a scraper.  I used my umbrella to get the snow off the windows where the wipers didn't get.  On our way home, we passed 4 snowplows going the opposite direction.  We were wishing we had one in front of us.  Finally when we got close to Center, the roads were plowed.  Her subdivision wasn't though.  I got to see Hailey when I dropped Melissa off.  I left right away, because I wanted to get home.  I decided to stop at Aldi's to get a couple of things I needed.  Their parking lot was terrible and not plowed yet either.  I was so happy to get home.  Melissa called and messaged me to check to make sure I was home safe.  What a sweetie.  I talked to Marie and Roy was doing good after his surgery.  He could move a little so that was good.  I cleaned out another cabinet and sorted through some papers.  We cancelled care group tonight.  I warmed up the chicken in the air fryer and it made it taste just like it did when first cooked.  Nice and crispy too.  YUM. Watched the news and game shows on TV.


No comments: