Friday, February 22, 2019

Stayed with Marie, Helped out at Community VillageI

Bill calling bingo numbers for residents at Community Village

Roast, carrots, and potatoes and a bowl of cooked cabbage. YUM

I got everything packed and headed to Marie's.  Went down Lawndale Rd. because our road was nice and clear.  I went for a few miles and then it started having icy spots. I looked ahead and the whole road looked very icy for quite a distance.  I backed up, turned around in a driveway, and went back the other direction.  I turned on Pierce Rd. and it was clear all the way to Bay.  I stayed on the main roads after that.  I got to Marie's and Doug was putting salt down in the driveway and warned me that it was slippery.  Marie, Doug and I had oatmeal I brought for them to try for breakfast. It was organic instant oatmeal from Aldi's. They really like it.  Doug headed back to Illinois, and Marie and I put a roast, carrots, onions, potatoes and a half can of beef broth in the crockpot.  She had me dust and clean the two bathrooms, plus clean the shower in her bathroom.  She was doing better after the injection and was able to dust the extra bedroom, the den and her bedroom.  She also cleaned everything in her bathroom.  This was amazing, because she has been staying pretty much in bed all of the time.  
She took a nap and I did my devotions.  At four, Marie wanted to have a sandwich, so we ate.  I had to leave at 5:30 so I could got to help Faith Riders at Community Village.  We helped the residents with their bingo cards.  Bill called the numbers.  I left there and went back to Marie's.  I ate roast, carrots, potatoes and cabbage. She had made strawberry shortcake when I was gone, so I had that too.  YUM! YUM!  Watched Christian TV and then went to bed. 

No comments: