Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Tuesday, 12/29/2020, Bill had his shoulder surgery, Spent the day with Kimmy, Vikki and the kids while waiting for Bill's surgery


 Eli nice and comfy on Vikki's Rollaway bed watching the game on the TV Jacob is playing
 Jacob and Peyton

Bill right after he came back to the room after his recovery.  The nurse was helping him and was next to the bed getting his shirt out of a bag.  I took it so I wouldn't get her in it and he didn't know I was taking it.
Bill after he got in the chair for the first time after his surgery. When Melissa showed Evan the pictures, he saw this picture and said “He looks ready to come home already! That’s really good to be that great that soon after surgery. I prayed that and my prayer was answered.”  So precious!
 Kimmy, Vikki and the kids surprised Bill and were at our house when we came home and Melissa was on Face Time to greet him and give him balloons, a cute stuffed monkey and a sweet card with them.
 
Tina and Chris Seager left these goodies on our porch for Bill...venison sticks, cheese puffs and a sweet card

We read our Bibles.  When Bill took his shower, I ate breakfast because he couldn't eat because of the surgery, and I didn't want to eat in front of him.  We read our Bibles and then left for the hospital. (C.H.) They had the desks set up in the entranceway and were being really careful.  We had to check in with face masks on and they had sanitizer for us to sanitize our hands.  We went to the 3rd floor and checked in and went to Bill's room.  I could be with him until they took him to surgery.  The Chaplain came in first thing and prayed for Bill.  It was a beautiful prayer, and Bill said he wasn't nervous after that.  The nurse came in and got him ready and started his IV.  Then they came to take him to surgery, so I gave him a face mask kiss and said another little prayer with him. I went to Vikki's to wait for phone messages from the hospital saying when they were starting the surgery, and when they were taking him to recovery and to hang out with her, Kimmy and the kids till I got the call to go pick Bill up.  She made us yummy chicken salad sandwiches for lunch!  I was hungry too!  YUM!  We watched the boys play games on the TV and we played part of a game of 3-13.  The doctor called and I put him on speaker.  He told us the surgery went well.  He said the tear was pretty big, but he was able to repair it well.  We continued our game until I got a call from the nurse saying I could come to the hospital to see him.  I got there and he was doing really good and could move his fingers and there was no swelling.  He ate some ice cream and some crackers for a snack.  About a half hour later, they let us go home.  We stopped at the VA for him to get his prescription.  We came home and Kimmy, Vikki, and the kids were here and Melissa was on Face Time.  They had all got him balloons and a cute little monkey and a sweet card.  He sure is loved!  I got him soup from Souper Cafe for dinner.  I ate left over mac n cheese.  We watched a couple of Movies....one was I am Gabriel.  He had seen it on his phone and wanted me to watch it.  He wants everyone in our family to watch it.  Can't wait to see the ending.

 



No comments: