Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Wed. 12/23/2020, Made rolls, pies, and got things ready for tomorrow. Took butter horns to Bruce

 Dinner from Outback...table is made big for tomorrow, so it looks like Bill is super far away
 Bruce with his Butterhorns I made him
 He's so funny!  He sent me these pictures. He doesn't even like me taking his picture.
Melissa didn't know he had taken them until he showed her he sent them to me ha ha.

After my morning reading and prayer time, I ate a piece of pumpkin bread for breakfast.  Bill had to fast because of some pretesting for his upcoming surgery Tuesday.  He had to have a Covid test too.  I ate it while he was in the shower because he loves it and I didn't want to eat in front of him.  I did some cleaning, baked rolls, baked a chocolate banana pie and a banana cream pie.  Got the cranberry relish out of the freezer to thaw.  Did some other stuff to get ready for our fun family day tomorrow when we celebrate the Birth of Jesus!  I played For King and Country Christmas music from their Drummer Boy Album.  It was so worshipful, that I was moved to tears a few times.  It just made my day go great listening to it and worshipping.  For dinner, we got Outback steak dinners.  Curbside pickup was super fast.  We always go out to dinner the night before our family Christmas, so we kept our tradition, but our restaurant was at our house because of Covid.  The food was all super delicious.  I talked to Melissa and had a nice chat.  I ran a pan of Butterhorns to Bruce for an early Christmas gift.  He told Melissa that the only thing he wanted from me was Butterhorns because mine taste the best and are his favorite.  I gave him a tube of frosting and almond flavoring in case he wanted to use that.  I also sent the recipe for the Butterhorn frosting if he wanted to make it himself because they are being so careful right now.  It's a quick and simple recipe, so he made that kind which I know tastes so much better.  He even sent me pictures of him with them in a text message which made my day!  I was so happy he liked them so much.  Will be making no nut ones for my fussy girls after Christmas.  Talked to Vikki a few times, but she was pretty busy making my picture calendar.  Poor girl even forgot to make the jello until 10 when she called me and said she was at Kroger.  I told her to skip making it, but she is determined to make it.  If she wouldn't have been so busy with my calendar which I love, she would have remembered the jello.  I texted with Kimmy a few times and with Adam once.  Talked to Stacie for a long time too.  Everything is all set for the morning.

 

No comments: