Monday, September 26, 2022

Monday, 9/26/22, Kimmy, Adam and Vikki came over,


Lucy staying warm in her blanket
Kenzie at Lost Lands for an event
Kenzie at Lost Land by a Jurassic Park Dinosaur 
Nice having Adam spend the day.  I sure will be glad when he doesn't have symptoms from his concussion any longer.  He found out after he got here that he didn't have school today anyway.  He watched some old Home Improvement shows.
I got my New Life decal on my car today.  Thanks Vikki for picking them up for us Sunday. 


I got a call from Vikki at 8 in the morning.  I was still in bed, but I was awake.  Last night she was in bed, but awake when I called her.  I guess it was pay back time lol.  She asked if she and Kimmy could come over at 8:30.  Of course my answer was yes right away.  I took a shower and got ready quickly.  I was very happy to have them come and also Adam as a bonus.  We all drank our coffee, visited, looked at wrist corsages online to get an idea for one for Adam to give Claire for Homecoming.  Adam was enjoying watching Home Improvement episodes.  We came in and watched some with him and we all laughed.  Vikki wanted a blanket for Lucy to get comfy on.  I told her I could get Kit Kat's bed from outside and Lucy could use it.  She said no because it could have flees on it.  I told her, I couldn't even get Kit Kat to go in her house with her bed.  I have tried, but she never will.  Today, she spent the whole day in there.  Go figure!  Kimmy called a florist in our area who had a 5 star rating and got a price on wrist corsages.  We decided to go there to look at what kind they had.  We stopped at the post office first so Kimmy could mail a box, and I mailed the Yeti mug I got for Bill back so we could get a smaller size.  30 oz. was just too big!!! Their website said they were open until 5, but their open sign wasn't lit.  There was a cat in the window.  They decided to go to the big building that must have been the house, and were met by a pit bull barking.  They came back to the car, and we all decided that place was not a 5 star but maybe a -5 star.  We went down the road to another florist that a friend of ours works at.  She wasn't there, but the girl who helped us was amazing.  We looked at lots of pictures and she worked with Kimmy to get exactly what Kimmy wanted for just $25.  Jared had gone to a florist in Midland and found out they charge $45 for all of their wrist corsages.  Kimmy didn't want to pay that much and wanted to find a cheeper place.  She sure did too!  They one she ordered for Claire will be beautiful.  She sent Jared a picture and he liked it.  She showed Adam a picture when we got back and he didn't have much of a reaction, but finally said he liked it.  That's a guy for you.  

Adam, Kimmy and I ate pizza for lunch, Vikki had a bowl of chili, and we all ate fried rice that Kimmy made.  It was delicious.  We went out so the girls could see Bill's new Grasshopper.  He demonstrated how it worked with a smile on his face.  I sent all the watermelon in the garden home with Kimmy.  It is way too seedy, even though the one we had tasted good.  It takes all day to get those seeds out.  Her chickens with love them.  I sent a couple of cucumbers that got to big too. They will be some happy chickens.

Vikki had to leave to go get the kids.  Kimmy and Adam had to leave about 10 minutes later.  It sure was nice having them come over and spend the day.  I had a nice talk with Melissa and caught up with her.  Hailey came home for the weekend, so she was very happy about having her here.  Melissa and I are planning to go to see her on Saturday if everything works out.  I can't wait!  Bill went to an Elder's meeting in the evening, and I went to pick up some cards I needed at the Dollar Store.  

No comments: