Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Tuesday, 9/13/22, Went to Aldi, Went to Meijer (twice), watered grass seed, picked and canned beets, went to Melissa's, went to concert with Isaac

Made swiss steak in the crockpot.  So delicious!
Beet canning and freezing time

7 jars of pickled beets and 4 bags for the freezer

Isaac was my date for the concert tonight.  I love nana/grandson dates.
Isaac and I eating our cookies at church before the concert 
New Legacy Project Christian Group that put on the concert

Isaac with his McFlurry
Peyton when we got to her house
Pretty little sunflower that came up by itself next to my kale
Love Zinnias 

Put jars and lids in the dishwasher to get them clean for canning.  Did some laundry, then went to Aldi to get a few groceries for our camping trip.  Went to Melissa's to take her some shampoo and cream rinse and trade her for the kind she has.  Then went to Meijer to take pop cans back.  Boo Hoo, I sure missed my Hailey girl.  She always helps me return my cans.  Right after I started putting cans in, it printed out a receipt.  Then it said the machine was full and was being emptied.  The other 4 machines by me said the same thing and two other ladies were waiting like me.  A new person had come in and she was just putting all of her cans in her machine.  We finally hunted someone down to empty the bins.  I started putting cans in again and two more receipts came out.  I put one more bag of cans and bottles in and my hands were so sticky, I couldn't wait to wash them.  I picked a couple of things, and got Bill's kind of water, and also a big pack of water bottles.  I got home, and I noticed I had the three receipts for the pop cans in my pocket.  I was bummed because I had to drive back to Meijer.  Then I remembered, I didn't get my 4th receipt for the cans.  I decided to call and see if anyone had turned it in, even though I didn't think that would be the case.  The girl asked me how much it was for, and I told her I didn't know, but I did have my receipt number and told her what it was.  Someone had turned it in and she had it at the service desk.  I thanked her and said how nice it was that someone would turn it in.  I headed right over to get it, and gave her the other receipts.  She gave me all the money for them.  I thanked her again and said how nice it was that someone would turn it in.   She told me it was a worker who turned it in.  They sure have some honest people there.  I sure thanked God, because I prayed when I realized I forgot to get the printed receipt.  When I got home for the second time, I watered all the places we put grass seed down.  Next I picked some tomatoes, and then picked beets.  I canned pickled beets, and then froze the rest.  Beets are sure messy or is it me?  Bill wasn't hungry yet and decided to eat after he goes to Jack's soccer game.  I cleaned up the messy kitchen, then ate swiss steak and potatoes.  It was so good.  I didn't eat lunch so I over ate.  I left to pick up Isaac for the concert.  I sure was happy he went with me.  We loved it.  The guys in the group had amazing voice and sounded so good.  They sang some hymns and some contemporary Christian music. They did a song called, Stand, too.  It was a song that honors veterans, first responders, policeman, fireman etc.  We all stood and showed our respect.  It was an amazing song.  They take Patriotic Bibles and their CD's and give them to veterans in the hospitals across the nation. They also visit them and sing for them.  The lead person, had such a great sense of humor.  I laughed so much and so did Isaac.  What a fun night!  I came home and Bill had eaten.  Very busy but fun day!  I texted with Adam to see how he was feeling.  He was having trouble remembering today in school.  I sure am praying for him.  I am praying for our friend, Joel, too.  Wes and Gayla took him to the ER Sunday night because he had a temp of 104 degrees and some trouble breathing.  Last night he was stable the doctor said when he called.  Gayla could be in the ER with him because he's handicapped, but once they admitted him, no one could be with him.  How awful for all of them.  He was supposed to come home today sometime.


No comments: