Sunday, September 25, 2022

Sunday, 9/25/22, Congrats Kimmy and Jared on 1000 sales on Etsy! So wonderful! Packed up, told friends goodbye, and left the campground. Watched Gabe Nelson preach at our church on video from last week, went to Vikki’s, then Aldi’s with Vikki

 

I was so happy to see Isaac and Peyton today!  Loved getting big hugs from them!


I got up early to get ready and started making  eggs, bacon, and potatoes for our breakfast.  I commented to Ziggy that I remembered to put the microwave vent on, turned the ceiling fan and vent on so he wouldn't have to stand on a stool and turn off the fire alarm like he has the last two years we've been up there, and he's stayed with us.  I asked Ziggy what kind of eggs he liked.  He said scrambled, so I asked Bill to get the gallon of milk out of the refrigerator.  I had already started the bacon, and potatoes, and had started one egg, so I wanted to hurry and mix up the scrambled eggs so I could add it to the other egg which I had stirred up.  Bill set the milk on the edge of the sink and I took the top off of it and as I did, it tipped and fell in the sink (I grabbed it out right away) and splattered all over everything.  I had to get the eggs cooking, so I had Bill and Ziggy wipe up the mess and told them I would wash things down good afterward.  I should have taken a picture, but was way too busy.  I got everything cooked, then we all dished up what we wanted on our plates.  I had made the coffee, and Bill poured us each a glass of juice.  We prayed and then enjoyed our breakfast.  Ziggy went back for more and between all of us we ate everything but one hash brown.  I guess next year I will remember to only buy a half gallon of milk and will remember to make scrambled eggs in the beginning.  Always learning.    

We all started packing up to leave.  Ziggy left after breakfast because he has to drive his motorcycle down by the border of Michigan and Indiana where he lives.  Then he has to drive two more hours to go stay with his mom who he and his sister take turns caring for.
We wanted him to get an early start so he didn't run into rain.  About 45 minutes later we said goodbyes to friends and then we dumped and left.  We got stuck in heavy traffic backed up because of construction.  Cars were going through the drive in the median to go back the other direction on the expressway.  Bill asked if he should and I told him no, but he decided to anyway.  I was nervous because of pulling the camper, but it was an extra wide drive so wasn't bad at all.  We sure did save lots of time.  I wanted to listen to Gabe, who went to our church while he was growing up and now has become a pastor.  He gave a great message and did so good.  Very proud of him!  We had good weather all the way home and finished listening to the message as we pulled in the driveway..

We unloaded the camper, (Bill blessed me and put my hanging clothes in his truck and taking them in the house for me) and we were soon done with us working together.  I warmed up some pizza and ate, then went to visit Vikki for a while.  I was so happy to see Peyton and Isaac and get big hugs from them.  They took me on a tour of the basement and showed me how nice it looks.  They rearranged it and have gotten rid of lots of stuff they didn't want.  Vikki, Kimmy and all the kids worked hard to get it looking so nice.  Vikki and I had a nice time sitting on her porch talking (talking to Kimmy on the phone too) and drinking my coffee and her drinking her tea.  Peyton came and sat on the porch for a while with us with her legos too.  We decided we wanted some of Vikki's favorite bread from Aldi's, so left to go get some.  Vikki stopped for gas on the way to get it for $3.85, which was the cheapest we saw in town.  

We watched today's message online in the evening.  Our church mortgage was paid off on Friday, so they celebrated today.  They burned the mortgage and then pastor shared the vision for 2023 with everyone.  So good!  They had cake and took pictures of everyone who wanted one after church.  Missed being there to celebrate.  Vikki, Rody and the kids had fun though.  

I looked at Kimmy and Jared's Etsy page and they have had 1000 sales.  Great achievement. They make wonderful and beautiful pottery!  Great talent!  I love all my pottery gifts!

No comments: