Saturday, September 17, 2022

Sat., 9/17/22, Great day here today! Beautiful weather, good friends and many opportunities from the Lord!

Bill visiting Jim in the morning.


My handsome Marine!


Bill signing his name and dates of service

Bill and I helping in the CMA booth this morning 
Person who parked behind our camper sure parked close!

Jim and Bev’s camper ahead of us

 We read our Bibles and listened to good worship, then went to breakfast with Bev and Jim. They served pancakes, scrambled eggs and ham this morning.  A volunteer named Gabby came and asked if she could sit by me.  We had a nice talk and I found out her daughter was the one serving food today.  Yesterday she had asked if she could take the picture I was taking so we all could be in it.  She was so kind and she looks just like Hailey’s friend, Mikayla who is very kind too.  This young girl is on the worship team at their church by Lake Lelanau in Michigan.  I was telling her mom about Hailey being at college and getting the opportunity to be on her church’s worship team.  

Bev and Jim decided to go into town.  Bill and I went and sat in the CMA booth until someone from the Indiana Chapter got there.  We came back and relaxed at the camper, then sat outside for a while.  When Bev and Jim got back, we went and got a snack and ice tea where we eat our meals.  We were just finishing when a big man came flying and fell right at the end of our table.  He had tripped and his mouth was bleeding.  He couldn’t move because his shoulder was in pain.  People were gathering to help and I put my hand on his shoulder and started praying for him.  The medics came and called for an ambulance.  Bill and Jim helped lift his legs so the could get him on the stretcher.  We all felt so bad for him. He fell really hard. We could see that he had had knee surgery on both knees too.  

We decided to walk through the merchandise tent one more time.  While we were in there Bev, Jim and I talked to a Marine veteran who has been through so much in his life.  He talked with us a good hour and when sharing about the death of a combat friend, started crying.  We shared about Jesus and were able to pray with him and encourage him. His name is John.  I want to remember so I can continue to pray for him.
We walked around more and the came back to our camps.  Bill went to sit at Jim’s camper.  I stayed sitting outside at ours.  We hadn’t seen the guy that parked so close to us yet, but I saw him come out of his camper and he came and said hi as he walked by me.  He came back a few minutes later and we talked and I found out he was from Whitecloud.  We go to the Shack in Whitecloud at Thanksgiving, so I asked if he knew Marv.  He did and said he has done some work there.  I mentioned Marv being a Christian and I asked the guy if he believed in Jesus as his Lord and Savior.  He said yes and started sharing about God’s beautiful creation and how even many scientists are believing in God as creator because of all the new discoveries in space.  

After Bill got back we all went to dinner.  A guy named Rick sat next to me and we started talking.  Come to find out that the guy who fell was his cousin.  He did break a bone in his shoulder.  So amazing that God would sit him next to me so we could find out.  Then Rick was telling me that he had a mini stroke that didn’t do any damage, and then had a stroke which made him lose use of his right arm. His wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. He’s just a young guy in his 40’s.  I asked him if we could pray for him and he said yes, so I prayed right then.  What an amazing God.  I have been praying for God to show me what he wants me to do and asked him to lead me.  Today he brought so many opportunities and gave me boldness because I’m quiet around strangers usually and never know what to say. God gave me the words today. I never want to forget this day! No greater joy that to be used by God and know it’s Him , not me.

No comments: