Thursday, September 22, 2022

Thurs., 9/22/22, Packed more in the camper, made chili, Vikki stopped over, helped Bill load the motorcycle, scrubbed the camper floor, went shopping

 

The leaves on our Maple are turning color already.  Pretty, but too soon!

I packed more stuff in the camper.  Ate oatmeal for breakfast.  It seemed good to have oatmeal again.  It's been a while.  Bill went with Charlie out for coffee.  He brought me back a yummy blueberry muffin.  It was my lunch.  I helped Bill move some things out of the garage part of the camper that we won't use on this trip.   Then Bill drove the motorcycle in while I stood where he was supposed to aim the tire.  He always does it perfectly.  We fastened it down good and tight.  We are a good team at doing this now.  

I used the tomatoes, peppers and onion I picked from the garden last night and made some yummy chili to take camping for the chili cook off.  Vikki came and brought me a cute napkin holder for the camper.  It is like the one I had that broke only is a pretty turquoise.  
She is always so thoughtful.  

Bill picked Max up, and brought him here to help him lift the mower deck to the tractor.  Max came to the camper door to see me, so I went out and talked to him for a while.  I should have taken a picture.  Bill spent time with him, while I went shopping to use my Kohl's cash and also a $10 off at Penneys that Vikki gave me.  I found some great deals at Kohl's, but nothing at Penneys because the shoes I picked out for 12.99 rang up at 9.59.  I tried to find something for cheap, but nothing had the price on it, so I took three things up to the counter for her to tell me the price of.  They were little items, (like chapstick), but had big prices.  I finally found a bag of candy sticks covered in chocolate for $1.99.  Then the girl said I had to use my Penney's credit card which I don't even have.  I told her to forget it after all that hassle.   At Kohl's, I had a couple with their son cut in front of me in line.  I was waiting where the line starts her sign was.  When they went ahead of me to check out, I asked if they wanted a coupon I had extra.  They were pretty happy about getting it, and I felt good doing something nice instead of being upset.  

Bill's free Yeti mug from our rewards from our credit card came today.  It's nice but is 30 oz. and is way too big.  I am calling tomorrow morning and getting one like mine.  They only have stainless steel like mine, but we will work at keeping them straight.  

Did the laundry so it would be all caught up, and ran the dishwasher.  We are leaving at 10 in the morning.


No comments: